Scrawlr is a company building a software platform and series of products dedicated to enabling alternative forms of communication layered on existing internet content, together with delivering superior monetization flexibility and content ownership for content generators.
The founder, board of directors, and lead investors in Scrawlr have a strong background in a variety of successful, transformational startups, and we are building our platform alongside a number of other startups within a successful ecosystem. We are looking forward to bringing on additional like-minded individuals as we drive towards our public launch.
Why you should work here
We are working on a transformational project that we believe will have a global impact, and we expect our team members to solve complex, unique technical problems on a daily basis. Our team members are given a high degree of product ownership, including the latitude to propose and implement approaches that can be divergent from all standard or existing solutions.
We are committed to an environment where we seek and adopt the best possible solution to any problem, evaluating solutions on the basis of merit rather than hierarchy. We are looking for leaders who have the capacity to challenge existing solutions, both from within and outside of the organization, and propose superior alternatives.
100k-130k per annum plus an options grant commensurate with capacity for contribution to the team (dependent on individual experience).
- Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations. Lead release planning activities, define commercial objectives with leadership and stakeholders, and coordinate with Developers and DevOps teams to ensure timely and successful product releases.
- Understand our users, the problems they face, and their motivations. Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers and developers to build solutions that are useful, feasible technologically, and viable commercially.
- Explore and analyze alternative courses of action for all things product. Justify and own product related decisions that satisfy both business and user objectives.
- Use business requirements to develop use cases and high-level requirements.
- Curate and prioritize the product backlog based on user impact, technical feasibility, and strategic alignment.
- Collaborate with all team members to establish and communicate the product vision, strategy and roadmap. Communicate across the organization to ensure alignment and clarity of what is being developed and why.
- Collect and analyze feedback from stakeholders and users to plan and prioritize new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team to define testing strategies and validate that features meet defined acceptance criteria.
- Analyze metrics to identify flaws and opportunities to improve Scrawlr’s value, based on rates of adoption, referral, abandonment, and other data points. Work with Product Development teams to implement changes.
- Own the documentation and communication of product architecture. Become a subject matter expert on how the components of the product fit together
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of product management experience with customer-facing digital products
- 3-5 years of experience working directly with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to effectively communicate across different levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical reasoning, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Understanding of the technology to describe the systems worked on
- Ability to effectively balance hitting commitments and giving the team enough freedom to explore the problems in an agile space
- Ability to describe how to define and measure success metrics
- Ability to clearly convey understanding of business objectives and how product and development decisions impact them
Nice to have
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience working alongside design teams
- Experience with ClickUp/Atlassian products
- Experience working on a product through beta testing phase
- Strong knowledge of Product, and User Experience Design
If you are interested in changing the way the world communicates, and then subsequently evaluates and monetizes content, we would love to speak with you. This position is a unique opportunity for an individual interested in launching a transformational product in a challenging, dynamic work environment.
We are looking for exceptional individuals, and from there we can work with all levels of experience. If what we are doing is of interest to you, but you are not sure if you fit into this role, we look forward to engaging to find the right position.
Please note: Candidates must be currently authorized to work in Canada
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote