Field Support Analyst, A&R Solutions
Reporting to the Regional Field Manager, the field support analyst is responsible for supporting IT operations across regional customer sites. Field support analysts must troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain hardware and software to ensure efficient and up-to-standard systems. Field support analysts serve as the primary contact for IT support and represent the face of A&R Solutions to customers.
This position will be providing support to our clients in the Waterloo, Ontario region
- Provide technical support and assistance to end-users.
- Diagnose and resolve both hardware and software issues.
- Install and configure new hardware including PCs, laptops, and printers.
- Maintain functionality of RMM and Antivirus software.
- Conduct regular system and security maintenance and updates.
- Onboard and offboard end-users as required.
- Dispose of obsolete equipment on site.
- Maintain functionality and tidiness of computer room.
- Escalate out-of-scope issues to appropriate department or management in a timely manner.
- Work with networking team to support firewall, switches, internet, and wireless devices.
- Work with infrastructure team to support server, SaaS, and security framework.
- Ensure site documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Document work performed through internal ticketing system.
- Observe key metrics pertaining to performance.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Participate in monthly team meetings.
- Ongoing training of new technologies.
- Other projects or activities may be required.
Job Scope and Impact:
The Field Support Analyst has a key role within the Customer Support Group. The role is responsible for effectively responding to, and managing, IT operations across a localized customer base, for which the Field Support Analyst is responsible. The position is essential for ensuring that the technology used by client organizations is operating efficiently and effectively. Issues are to be resolved promptly and professionally.
- Strong technical knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems.
- Ability to configure Microsoft Office and 365 software.
- Ability to support both domain and workgroup environments.
- Working knowledge of computer networking.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working for an MSP preferred.
Education and Experience:
A degree or diploma in computer science, information technology or a related field is usually required for this position. However, equivalent work experience in technical support will be accepted. Additional certifications such as CompTIA A+ or Network+ is also beneficial.
- Minimum 1 week per year in IT training provided.
- Overtime opportunities (employee option).