Customer Service Agent (PT)
Apply by Date: May 30, 2023
Primary Location: CA-NB-Moncton
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Shift Work
Jazz was voted one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2023!
As a Jazz customer service agent, you will be part of a team professionally representing Air Canada Express. In the course of a day, you will be responsible for greeting passengers, assisting them with their check in and bag tagging, via our web based computer system, as well as facilitating the boarding and deplaning of all Air Canada passengers in your station. You may be asked to lift a suitcase or push a wheelchair. The airport can be a fast paced environment during the aircraft arrival and departure period however safety and customer service is our priority. Join our team and you and your immediate family members will enjoy perks such as special rates on airfare, flights, car rentals, hotel accommodation, vacation packages and even cruises. Transfer to any of our other Canadian locations when we have open positions, or take a management career path. You will like our extensive benefits package!
Hear some of our Customer Service Agents talk about "Why I Love My Job" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XICR484mg4U
Purpose of Position:
To provide exceptional customer service by greeting and serving passengers at airport counters and gates.
- Using an airline computerized system:
- Make reservations and assessing fares;
- Ticketing and complete daily sales reports;
- Passenger check-in;
- Check, weigh the baggage, calculate any excess baggage charges and process payment.
- Make general passenger announcements.
- Liaise with external and internal customers. i.e. ramp agent, flight crew, dispatch, etc.
- Provide outstanding customer service answering general inquiries at the airport.
- Assist passengers requiring special handling.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Departure Gate customer service and boarding as well as providing assistance to passengers to and from aircraft.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Depending on the base, other duties may include:
- Cargo processing.
- Handle missing baggage and damaged baggage claims.
- Jet-way operation.
- Conduct radio communications with aircraft and record flight information.
- Minimum one year of customer service experience.
- General computer experience including the ability to type and navigate the internet as well as any previous experience using an airline reservation system is considered an asset.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated judgment and problem-solving ability and effective decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work varying shifts, handling of tight deadlines, and prioritization of multiple tasks.
- Previous airline experience or post-secondary courses in travel and tourism are definite assets.
- If hired, must be able to successfully complete the Customer Service Agent Initial training course in accordance with Company Standards.
- Must obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification ID pass (to be obtained upon employment).
- English language required.
- French language is considered an asset.*
- Note: Bilingualism is a requirement in some of our stations. We are proud to offer Bilingual Services at many of the airports we serve. Please indicate on your application and resume if you are bilingual in English and French.
We strive to hire candidates with diverse abilities. We want to ensure that you are prepared for success and therefore request that you please let us know at [email protected]
if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Jazz recognizes that the best talent includes people of all backgrounds, abilities and points of view. To be a leader in our industry, Jazz celebrates diversity and values the uniqueness that each individual has to offer. We empower our people to foster an internal culture of inclusion, creating safe workspaces where everyone can be their authentic self. Meeting the needs of our diverse passengers is critical to our success and we recognize the importance of a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve.
Requisition ID: ONGOING-YQM-5200-23B