At Halton Region, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Halton Region is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment and strong long-term financial position and AAA credit rating.
As an employer of choice, Halton Region recognizes the many benefits of hybrid work arrangements including flexibility and better work-life balance for our employees. This position is eligible for our Hybrid Work Program.
Posting ID: 2247
Division: Supply Chain Management
Pay Range: $53,859 - $71,814
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Location: 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville
Employee Group: OCT
Posting Date: September 8, 2023
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023
Provides administrative support to a divisional Director.
- Assists with all meeting requirements including scheduling, preparing agendas, taking minutes and preparing necessary materials and equipment.
- Co-ordinates and monitors circulation of staff reports within specific deadlines, including electronic tracking of comments provided from various departments and ensuring appropriate signing procedures.
- Reconciles bi-weekly manual and missing timesheets (COMPASS) for the divisions, monitoring timesheet submissions and approvals.
- Provides project support by assisting with the assembly of documents and facilitating meetings.
- Provides support for the preparation of annual Halton Community Housing Corporation budget, including assisting in the assembly of the budget book and facilitating meetings.
- Implements and maintain a records management system.
- Organizes all Director’s appointments, e-mails and due dates for reports.
- Provides general clerical support including maintaining office files, office equipment, inventory of office supplies, databases, bulk mailings, photocopying and filing.
- Compiles and monitors vacation schedules within the divisions.
- Purchase Card Administration for the corporation.
- Provides back up support for other Directors in Finance Department.
- Diploma in office administration or certificate from a recognized business school.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible related administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience with document and records management, calendar management and coordination of meeting logistics.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of municipal government programs, services and information.
- Flexibility in working hours may be required.
Important information about your application:
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Halton Region serves more than 624,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to the delivery of high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work. We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community.