Requisition ID: 178480
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick
Location: 0348 Northwest Centre Sobeys Pharmacy
Postal Code: E1C 2T6
Sobeys Inc. is a growing Canadian company. We are a market leader in grocery and pharmacy that operate under multiple banners spanning over 1500 stores in communities across the country. Our family of over 134,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
Our national pharmacy team is proudly Canadian, with pharmacies from coast to coast in our various banners. Depending on your province you would recognize us as Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Lawtons Drugs or FreshCo.
Ready to Make an impact?
We are passionate about taking care of the health and well-being of individuals and families in our communities.
You’ll lead and coach a pharmacy team that’s committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care and exceeding patients' expectations. We’re looking for a friendly, knowledgeable leader who will participate in professional programs, collaborate with colleagues, support the strategic direction of the pharmacy, and want opportunities to grow and develop your career.
THIS POSITION IS FULL-TIME FOR A 1 YEAR TERM STARTING JANUARY 2024
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Professional judgement, decision making and commitment to a successful pharmacy team
- Creating a coaching and development culture for all pharmacy teammates, supporting health and wellness
- Overseeing succession planning, orientation and training and performance management
- Communicating operational requirements/changes and store vision to pharmacy teammates
- Staffing the pharmacy through effective and flexible scheduling
- Maintaining and implementing Occupational Health & Safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures
- Ensuring efficient operation of the business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted Key Performance Indicators
- Managing pharmacy expenses, review, and provide feedback to Store Manager on expenses, sales, and profitability to identify opportunities within store
- Clinical services (disease state management, medication reviews, health risk assessments, etc.)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants
- Initiating care plans, follow up, and completing related documentation
- Collecting relevant patient, drug, and disease information
- Identifying actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitoring medication adherence
- Providing patient counselling for new therapy to ensure understanding of the medication.
- Tailoring counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient (literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.)
- Understanding all pharmacy offerings and providing each patient with a personalized interaction and intervention if appropriate
- Providing superior service and exceeding patient expectations
- Acknowledging patient promptly and professionally with warmth, empathy, and compassion
- Role modeling, coaching, and reinforcing patient service expectations
- Creating a shopping experience that engages patients in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
What you have to offer:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Authorization to Administer Injections
- Management experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
What we have to offer:
- A competitive total compensation package that will vary by role and location
- Flexible work life arrangements to meet your lifestyle needs
Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Location: 0348 Northwest Centre Sobeys Pharmacy, Moncton, NB
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you a registered pharmacist in New Brunswick?
- Are you injection certified?
Work Location: In person