WHO WE ARE:
For 50 Years, Vanee Farm Centre has been serving Southern Alberta as one of the leading agriculture equipment dealers by providing the highest quality products, services, and aftermarket support. Vanee Farm Centre is a growing, innovative, and disciplined agri-business that values trust, accountability, motivation, respect, and business acumen. We are a leading-edge business that provides all of our employees with the opportunity to grow and contribute and participate in our long-term success.
Vanee Farm Centre’s High River Branch is seeking an experienced, strategic and customer focused Branch Manager. If you are passionate about cultivating and managing key business relationships and are seeking your next challenge, then this is your opportunity. As part of the Senior Executive team, you will define and bring to the market key technologies, while supporting the growth and expansion of Vanee Farm Centre’s territory. This role will be based out of the High River branch of Vanee Farm Centre Inc.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the leadership for all internal store operations. This role is to effectively manage the development and directions of the operational team. They must promote the highest quality customer responsibility while supporting all team members to achieve goals and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations while making things better.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations in the Branch in compliance with established policies and procedures. Such as:
· Providing direction, training, coaching and leadership to branch employees.
· Managing the overall operations of the branch ensuring customer service levels are met.
· Cultivating and managing key business relationships within assigned territory.
· Planning and organizing branch to fulfill sales, profit, and company objectives.
· Creating and maintaining strategic alliances with vendors.
· Leads in the development of branch targets (i.e. sales and growth targets) and marketing plans.
· Enhances Vanee Farm Centre’s visibility within their local community and builds a strong referral source for new potential business/ for business development to then manage and maintain.
· Assists HR with developing and coaching direct reports, continually assessing, and improving levels of performance, supporting ongoing employee development and career planning, providing frequent feedback and guidance, and taking action to close any identified gaps.
· Manages and communicates issues; initiates follow-up with other branches, departments, and management as required.
You will work towards positioning Vanee Farm Centre as the preferred agricultural equipment dealership in your area. The Branch Manager will be responsible for these tasks:
· Strategize and plan how best to represent Vanee Farm Centre’s value proposition, products and services related to our customer’s agricultural needs.
· Works closely with branch staff to meet customers’ needs. Respond quickly and effectively to customers’ needs with a positive attitude on a timely basis.
· Facilitates in the development and monitoring of effective business processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
· Working with the General Manager in the development of the branch’s annual goals and budgets, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives.
· Maintain an up-to-date analysis of current status of store’s performance on an ongoing basis.
· Review and analyze monthly financial and management reports and use to effectively manage the store and individual staff. Make corrections to Operating Plan as necessary given market conditions.
· Working closely with the Sales Manager in the development and implementation of a comprehensive, annual marketing plan which identifies market coverage strategy, sales and market share goals, advertising plan and a complete product promotion plan including displays, demonstrations, customer clinics, farm shows, etc.
· Working with Parts Lead, Service Manager and Aftermarket Sales Representative (if applicable) in developing marketing plans and campaigns for the store.
· Assist with whole goods floor plan inventory audits are properly completed and all outstanding items are taken care of.
· Monitors the maintenance of all store tools, equipment and vehicles and makes sure that future equipment needs are budgeted as necessary. Ensure that the stores facilities are kept neat and clean and internal and external displays are updated on a regular basis.
· Working in collaboration with Human Resources, the manager will be responsible for some aspects of human resource management within the branch including hiring, promoting, performance management, coaching and discharging within company policy and regulatory compliance.
· Analyzing the needs of the store and developing a long-term continuous plan with Human Resources to ensure that we have the necessary personnel to meet the needs of the store. Recruits, hires, develop and retain key talent to meet these needs with the department managers.
· Effectively manage and develop the Branch’s team through effective performance management processes done on an annual basis.
Vanee Farm Centre is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to fill the role of Branch Manager. Your experience with agricultural equipment sales and service along with excellent communication, organization and time management skills will ensure strong leadership in the High River Branch.
Relevant technical skills or knowledge may include previous experience with business management, knowledge surrounding agricultural equipment products and offerings, strong work ethic combined with a dedication to customer service and Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
Branch Managers must have effective communication skills in order to interact with producers, vendors, or colleagues. The ability to identify existing and emerging customer needs is a tremendous skill. A blend of experience and education will be considered. Education requirements must follow a related field such as a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business, or agri-business. Experience in an agriculture-related role such as farming, ranching in combination with dealership sales and/or service is an asset. This role will occasionally work flexible hours, and travel to other branch locations will be required on intermittently. The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years experience in the agricultural equipment field supplemented with 5 years in a progressively responsible management role. Proven product support background and understanding of departmental operations is key to succeeding in this role.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
The estimated salary that Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn suggested does not represent Vanee Farm Centre Inc’s compensation structure. Vanee Farm Centre Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Vanee Farm Centre Inc. is an agile company who promotes from within. If you are looking for an opportunity for growth based on individual performance, then you have come to the right place.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Vanee Farm Centre offers a total compensation package that includes excellent wages, training and development programs, Comprehensive Health Benefits including Medical, Prescription, Dental, Health, Travel Insurance, Group Life Insurance and more!
The salary for this position will be based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person