Boundless Vancouver organizes a Christmas Toy shop that includes both the collection and distribution of toys and Christmas hampers. The Systems Technical Support Analyst works to support the frontline team as they serve our neighbors, who are the recipients of toys and Christmas hampers.
HOURS: Up to 15 hrs/week, October 1, 2023, to December 6th, 2023.
- Create an online from with Ninja Forms and Mailchimp that can be accessed on our WordPress website, enabling families to register online.
- Troubleshoot promptly when problems or issues arise.
- Create scheduling for appointments which integrates forms, database, and caseworker schedules.
- Process online applications through the Salvation Army database (Link2Feed) and provide registrations to casework time in a clear and timely fashion.
- Evaluate and process applications for our Christmas program according to registration criteria.
- Record all essential information into the database (Link2Feed).
- Assist in the maintenance of client files as directed.
- Work in a busy environment and in a team setting with a calm and positive attitude.
- Maintain confidentiality and keep accurate client files and statistical records.
- Ability to understand and be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Demonstrate empathy and concern for clients/families with respect, assertiveness, and tact.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- The incumbent’s work environment is typically in the community ministries office and community. Remote work may be possible.
Exposure to Hazards:
The job incumbent may be exposed to the risk of minor harm, injury, or illnesses due to:
- Physical attacks by others (i.e., violent/aggressive client)
- Exposure to infectious diseases
- Other potentially dangerous situations
The following would be an asset for the incumbent (in addition to health and safety rules):
- Universal Precautions
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention training
- The successful job applicant will have completed a high school diploma or higher level of education.
NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Up to three (3) months of prior related experience, including experience working with multi-barriered neighbours.
Experience with a non-profit organization is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Ninja Forms, WordPress, Mailchimp, and Link2Feed.
- Strong communication skills – oral and written.
- Organizational skills – scheduling, time management, prioritizing tasks.
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.