Our client, a leading telecommunications solutions company is seeking a Technical Business Analyst to help support some of their ongoing projects with Canada's largest mobile carriers. The TBA role is a key liaison between the assigned clients and internal business partners including sales, development, operations and services & support. Strong business acumen and communication skills are needed along with technical skills in database queries and process mapping.
In this role you would elicit, analyze, document and communicate customer needs, system features, and detailed requirements; participate in the development and implementation of improved processes and tools; engage Solutions Development staff in order to determine the best possible solutions;
Management and Decision Making
Manage the defined BA processes to ensure all standards are met
- Contribute to decision making so as to ensure effort is applied to the most appropriate initiatives
Engage the customer business to identify needs and required changes to processes and systems
- Provide consulting services to clients on new initiatives (medium to large of varying complexity)
- Manage detailed business requirement phases identifying, tracking and resolving systems issues
- Recommend business solutions that satisfy customer/sponsor/stakeholder needs, continually exploring and assessing options for value-add for the organization
- Together with team members, determine best mix of development, interfacing applications, and third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives
- Ensure adequate end user documentation and training
Act as main contact between customer business lines, interfacing applications, 3rd party vendors, account management and/or Project Managers
- Facilitate group meetings and conduct information gathering sessions
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customer, account management and executives, selecting the appropriate approach based on the audience
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate others as appropriate
- Provide expertise, direction, training and coaching
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
- Liaise extensively with clients and team members (including Sales, Developers, QAs, Operations and the Support Desk)
Here are the key skills:
Business knowledge with strong technical background
- Ability to elicit requirement, build conceptual solutions and present to business stakeholders.
- Understanding of databases, SQL Queries, data management concepts
- Strong SQL / relational database understanding / experience
- Ability to create data flow diagrams (draw.io)
- Ability to build mappings between source and destination systems
- Understanding of API / microservices concepts.
- SOAP UI / Ready API experience will be helpful (but can be learnt)
- Experience on Agile / SAFe Methodologies
- experience with tools such as Confluence, JIRA
- Self-driven and able to handle projects independently
- Good sense of humour and attitude to work with diverse group of people.