Personal Support Worker - Partners Community Health
Partners Community Health (PCH) is a new not-for-profit organization, focused on bringing healthcare services together around the needs of people living in Mississauga and West Toronto. PCH currently operates Camilla Care, a 236-bed long-term care (LTC) home and will soon be opening and operating Wellbrook Place, two new long-term care homes and seniors hub. To be completed in Fall 2023, the new homes will have a combined 632-beds and be part of PCH’s larger strategy that will introduce innovative and inclusive programs and services and new models of care delivery. PCH is committed to building partnerships and connections that put people first, as well as a learning and leading healthcare community that provides best in class service across the aging continuum.
This position is specifically for Wellbrook Place. Reporting to the Associate Director of Care, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) is responsible for daily living support of residents and resident activities. PSWs ensure delivery of optimal care and services based on legislative requirements, organizational policies organizational guidelines while following a resident-centred approach at PCH. Under the direction of the RN/RPN, the PSW performs assigned functions that support the nursing team with the effective operation of resident care areas and assist residents with daily living.
- Provides care and support to residents in daily living activities to ensure the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of each resident/family are met under the direction of the Registered Staff and/or Director of Care as well as PCH policies and guidelines
- Formulates, delivers, and reports the daily resident care needs and preferences as per the individual’s plan of care
- Utilizes therapeutic communication by establishing a working relationship with resident/families and co-workers for the purpose of meeting the resident’s needs, ensuring respect, dignity, individuality of each resident and staff member
- Delivers effective and efficient resident-focused care that promotes resident/family choices and acknowledges the resident’s strength, limitations as well as their need for safety
- Operates mechanical lifts and utilizes assisted devices as directed
- Participates in continuous quality improvement of RHAs and associated care services
- Participates in mandatory education/training in-services for skill development and updates on new and/or relevant information on best practices
- Completes all documentation in a timely and effective manner according to organizational policies and guidelines
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures, IPAC protocols, long-term care regulations and Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Current Personal Support Worker Certificate from a recognized institution
- Completion of six-hundred (600) hours in PSW curriculum
- PSW Certificate from a recognized institution
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Long-Term Care setting an asset
PCH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism. We believe diverse and inclusive teams support strong decision making, fosters a culture of belonging and allows us to better serve our people, residents, and community. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we are committed to providing accommodations and will work with employees to meet their needs through the recruitment process. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please let us know. We embrace an inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply.
To learn more about PCH, visit our website here:
To learn more about Wellbrook Place, the new long-term care homes and seniors hub, click here: https://www.partnerscommunityhealth.ca/wellbrook-place/
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.