RAM is a technical consultancy providing Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering and Advisory services across Canada. RAM is searching for a motivated and experienced individual in Vancouver, BC. The successful candidate will be an individual that enjoys a challenging, professional, and dynamic workplace and contributing to the success of a hardworking team.
- Overall project leadership;
- Manage consultants/contractors and respond to technical inquiries;
- Prepare, develop, and report on project scopes, risk, schedules and budget;
- Team leadership, including the coordination of resources;
- Meeting/workshop facilitation and leadership;
- Provide technical and administrative support through all phases of projects;
- Contract administration leadership;
- Stakeholder management and engagement;
- Permitting management;
- Communication management;
- Indigenous engagement;
- Project reporting (via meeting minutes, project status reports/memos, etc.), and field reviews;
- Monitor budget and progress on projects;
- Act as the key contact on projects with clients, stakeholders, sub-consultants, contractors and support staff;
- Chair and attend project and site meetings and communicate directly with clients, maintaining a respectful and professional working relationship;
- Lead, mentor and develop Assistant Project Managers, Project Manager, and Senior Project Managers.
- Responsible for Business Development and the pursuit of new clients for the Project Management (PM) division including tracking and evaluating all opportunities;
- Actively contribute to growing RAM’s revenue and obtain client satisfaction by performance excellence;
- Lead and participate in RFP processes for various PM opportunities;
- Collaborate with other divisions to actively promote RAM and its other services.
- Lead the PM team, manage people, and advise on training and professional development for staff;
- Manage company staff working on specific projects in project management roles;
- Set key performance indicators for the division and staff;
- Develop project schedules and coordinating resources;
- Identify and secure partnership opportunities;
- Maintain key client relationships; and
- Assist with recruiting key staff.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years experience as Project Manager on local infrastructure projects;
- 5+ years experience delivering on design-build projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation with the Project Management Institute (PMI) considered an asset.
- Experience working on local municipal infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with MMCD
- Experience managing a team of 5+ direct reports
- Adept knowledge of applied design and construction methods;
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills with project stakeholders, the public, clients, regulatory agencies and consultants/contractors;
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills;
- Experience assembling, managing and delivering construction contracts;
Why You Should Join RAM
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For four consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to [email protected]
. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.