Who We Are
Located lakefront in the heart of downtown Kelowna, the Kelowna Yacht Club provides our members with top-quality moorage in Canada's largest fresh-water basin, excellent variety of food and beverage service, social events and many opportunities to volunteer as a part of the community. Being a not-for-profit organization, Kelowna Yacht Club has been supporting boater education and safe, responsible enjoyment of Okanagan Lake since 1945. Our facility is a resource for community partners such as the Canadian Power and Sail Squadron and Adaptive Sailing Association.
What We Offer
- Competitive Wage
- Health & Wellness Benefits (min. hours required)
- Welcoming culture that supports work life balance
- Opportunity to learn, grow and experience lake life in the Okanagan
Industry driven person who has a minimum of two years experience bartending in the hospitality field . This individual must be able to multitask effectively, keep a clean and organized bar, and provide a warm, and friendly experience for all our Members.
- Welcoming customers, listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink & food orders.
- Member recognition, Stay guest-focused and nurture an excellent guest experience.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and food specials.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations, including checking identification to ensure customers are of the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Helping with inventory and ordering supplies to ensure the bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, and balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and have knowledge of all menus.
- Strong multitasking and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink-mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc. for extended periods, and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Set up and/or take down bar
- Organize and clean bar area
- Stock bar and walk-in fridge
- Maintain inventory and ordering list
- 2 year minimum bartending experience
- Current Serving it Right Certificate
- Able to carry at least 30 pounds
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Personality positive, enjoys meeting people and helping team members
- Understands and provides excellent customer service
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.75 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bartending: 2 years (required)
- Serving It Right (required)
Work Location: In person