Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Calian is seeking a part-time Psychiatrist that wants to work from home and provide clinical services to Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members at Canadian Forces Base Greenwood, Nova Scotia. As a psychiatrist in this exclusive clinic environment, you’ll be part of a team of mental health professionals providing high quality care.
This remote position allows you to provide psychiatry services from home for up to 0.6 FTE during clinic operation from Monday to Friday. There is no evening, weekend, or on-call required in this position. Our psychiatrists benefit from having a strong work/life balance, time for administrative duties, and high access to treatment resources.
For more details about this role contact Pamela Simper, Talent Acquisition Team Lead at [email protected].
- Conducting psychiatric assessments, providing diagnosis based on DSM, and providing treatment of a variety of mental health conditions including trauma-related disorders, depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, substance-related disorder, and addictive disorders.
- Prepares detailed written psychiatric assessment reports on referred patients, including recommendations for a treatment plan, and participates in the implementation of the treatment plan by providing psychotherapy, prescribing appropriate somatic therapy, and generating patient medical records to support the multidisciplinary team.
- Advising on operational readiness, return to work, prognosis, impairment, and restrictions.
- Conducting psychopharmacological treatment, conducting evidence-based therapy such as CBT, responding to emergencies, and crisis.
- Conducting tele-medicine assessments and interventions.
- Providing clinical preceptorship and educational sessions for staff.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary mental health team in case reviews.
- Provides expert advice on mental illness or disorders to primary care providers to assist them in the identification, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with mental health disorders.
- Creates and maintains patient records.
- Registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
- Specialty certification in psychiatry from the Royal College of Physicians of Canada in Psychiatry (FRCPC)
- Experience providing psychiatric services to an adult population 18-60 years of age
- Experience providing pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy with individuals using evidence-based therapy such as CBT
- Experience in delivering psychiatric services for a wide range of mental illnesses
- You will be able to obtain a Government Security Clearance at the Reliability level
- A security clearance and/or vulnerable sector screening might be required for this position.
- Our recruiter will walk you through the security clearance requirementand process.