Medisca is a global corporation with locations throughout North America, Australia, and Europe, that contributes to healthcare by leveraging strong partnerships that deliver customized solutions with an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation. Backed by 30+ years and a strong foundation in pharmaceutical compounding, Medisca is a business-to-business company that delivers comprehensive offerings by providing value, consistency, responsiveness, and loyalty. From pharmaceutical compounding products and services, to supply chain solutions, mixing technology manufacturing, analytical testing, IP licensing, to education services and more – Medisca delivers extensive solutions that leverages a strong network of partners committed to deeply caring about people. As Partners in Wellness, Medisca offers an unfailing devotion to improving lives, across a multitude of needs and across a multitude of people.
As the Director of Innovation, you will be at the forefront of our cutting-edge advancements, driving forward-thinking strategies and redefining our product portfolio. Your expertise and leadership will be instrumental in shaping the future of Medisca, as you identify and seize ground-breaking opportunities within the pharmaceutical industry. We invite you to join our dynamic team and make a profound impact on the future of personalized medicine.
Innovation Strategy and Planning:
- Formulate and implement a robust innovation strategy that aligns with our company's overarching vision, strategic objectives, and market dynamics.
- Identify and prioritize key innovation areas within the compounding pharmaceutical industry, focusing primarily on automation and technology.
New Product Development and Commercialization:
- Lead the end-to-end process of new product development, from ideation to commercialization, ensuring adherence to regulatory standards and market demands.
- Foster close collaboration with R&D, product development, and regulatory teams to drive successful product launches and market penetration.
Technology and Process Advancement:
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements in pharmaceutical technologies, research methodologies, and industry best practices.
- Spearhead the adoption of innovative technologies and the optimization of manufacturing processes to enhance efficiency, quality, and safety in our compounding operations.
Market Analysis and Competitive Intelligence:
- In collaboration with the Commercial team, conduct comprehensive market analysis and competitive research to identify emerging trends, customer needs, and potential opportunities for innovation.
- Monitor and analyze competitor activities to stay ahead of market dynamics and maintain our competitive edge.
Collaboration and Partnerships:
- Cultivate strategic partnerships and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders, leveraging their expertise and resources to accelerate innovation efforts.
- Identify and explore potential opportunities for collaboration with academic institutions, research organizations, and start-ups.
Intellectual Property Management:
- Support the Legal Department with the management of intellectual property, including patent filings, licensing agreements, and protection of proprietary innovations.
- Ensure compliance with intellectual property laws and regulations to safeguard our innovative solutions.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Provide inspirational leadership to the innovation team, fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Mentor and develop team members, empowering them to unleash their innovative potential and contribute to the success of our organization.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Advanced degree (Ph.D., Pharm.D., or P.Eng.) in pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, engineering, or a related field. MBA or other business-related qualifications.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of progressive experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a focus on innovation, R&D, or new product development. Prior experience in automation/robotics is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, including regulatory requirements and market dynamics.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully driving and implementing innovation initiatives.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, with the capability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and identify opportunities for growth.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for exploring new ideas and technologies.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Teams and Excel) required
- Excellent communication skills; fluent French and English (oral & written) required. This position will be involved in creating partnerships with other companies in global markets including Australia and Europe.
What’s in it for you…
We invest time and resources into making sure Medisca is as good as the people we hire.
- Work/Life Balance - 37.50 hour workweek with early Fridays all year long, PTO and vacation policy
- Invest in your health – Choice of modular plans, health spending account and free Telemedicine
- Flexible work environment – Hybrid work schedule with home office reimbursement program
- Your Future is Bright – Opportunities to learn and grow within Medisca
- Save for your Future – Medisca contributes to a deferred profit sharing plan (DPSP) when you invest in RRSPs
- Help us grow – Employee Referral Program
- Central location - Free parking/accessible by public transportation; a commercial center is within walking distance for lunch or groceries
- We like to have fun – company events throughout the year