Anaesthesia Assistant - Operating Room
Permanent Full-Time/Permanent Part-Time
A Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) who has completed an accredited Anaesthesia Assistant advanced program (AA) will provide anesthesia care and respiratory therapy to patients as directed by the Anaesthesia Service at Mackenzie Health. This position will also provide technical and clinical support to Anaesthesiologists and the Anaesthesia Care Team in the Peri-operative and Procedure Areas and in other specialty areas of the hospital where anaesthesia is practiced.
What must you have?
Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Registered with College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario.
- Enrolment or completion of an accredited Anaesthesia Assistant (basic) program or equivalent education/work experience.
- Successful Completion of the Certified Clinical Anaesthesia Assistant exam.
Certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
What else do you bring?
Minimum two years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
Proficiency in airway management and manual ventilation with and without an established advanced airway (ETT and or LMA/hypo-pharyngeal airway).
Demonstrate proficiency in intravenous line insertion and is responsible for establishing and maintaining IV access and administration of anaesthesia care related medications.
Knowledge of CRTO standards of practice and a clear understanding of the application of the RHPA legislation.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and can effectively lead clinical inter-professional teams.
Highly developed conflict resolution skills.
- Proven attendance record.
Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others and demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
Membership with the Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario.
Membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
- FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.