POSITION: Forklift Operator
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
Founded in 1985, Investments Hardware Limited (IHL) is a Canadian, family-owned business dedicated to providing exceptional quality, unparalleled service, and competitive value to our customers in the construction industry.
As an innovative and rapidly growing industry leader, our mission is to support and inspire our community of builders and contractors, empowering them to achieve more. Our tremendous growth and success in the retail construction industry stems from our commitment to building long-lasting relationships with our customers and within the community.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Forklift Operator plays an integral role in the warehouse by distributing, organizing/staging product for multi-channel facets of the business. The Forklift Operator is a supply chain and logistics professional who is responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery dock in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity. The Forklift Operator is required to ensure the product is accurately gathered and placed in the appropriate designation in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with Counterbalance
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with Order Picker
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with Cherry Picker
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with Reach Truck
- Comply with company, store, and warehouse policies.
- Responsible for transporting materials to different locations within retail and warehouse facility.
- Managing warehouse and retail inventory by using digital scanners.
- Responsible for loading, unloading warehouse and retail items.
- Inventory and cycle count duties as assigned.
- Manage warehouse items.
- Preform forklift safety checks.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and report any observed safety hazards immediately.
Benefits of Working with IHL:
IHL Canada offers a collaborative, respectful work environment, with tremendous opportunities for professional development and career growth.
We are a family-owned and operated business that values a healthy work/life balance. We encourage and reward the contributions of team members, by offering competitive wages, comprehensive health benefits and tremendous opportunity for advancement.
IHL Canada proudly promotes an inclusive workplace, which fosters teamwork and mutual respect. As we continue to grow, we actively encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion within all levels of the organization.
IHL Canada Inc. has created policies and procedures to meet the required Accessibility Standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005.
Our Accessibility policies are available for your review in several formats. Should you wish access to these documents, please email [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$27.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON L4L 9J7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person