Our client, a longstanding and stable manufacturing operation with a global presence, is looking to add an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Manager to their dynamic team.
- Oversee all EH&S programs, procedures, training, work practices, and controls at a state of the art manufacturing facility
- Recommend safety and environmental improvement KPI’s for plant use, along with assessing trend information for problem-solving and decision-making.
- Maintain relationships with the community, EHS groups, and other stakeholders impacted by the EHS performance of the plant.
- Provide technical training materials for occupational health, safety and environmental topics
- Drive and monitor EHS targets and objectives in support of plant strategic initiatives
- Provide expertise and advice on EHS issues to the senior management team.
- Lead and/or participate in Job Hazard Analysis and the investigation of employee concerns, EHS Incidents, and Employee Observations/Near Misses, along with corrective action development.
- Review and approve plant capital projects for HSE considerations and prepare the budget for HSE capital investments
- Ensure that regulatory-required training is conducted and documented.
- Degree or diploma in occupational safety, industrial hygiene or other related technical disciplines.
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally automotive
- 5+ years in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Sound knowledge of HSE systems, metrics, KPIs and tools, statistical methods, and Continuous Improvement methodology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and deliver sustainable and superior results
- Successful track record managing regulatory compliance and manufacturing EH&S training.
This job is also known as EH & S Manager, EHS Manager, Health and Safety Manager, and EHS Leader
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person