Pelican Graphics is a print warehouse specializing in printing custom designs. We are a growing team of creative individuals who love to make stuff and are looking for someone outgoing and detail oriented to join our team in the office. This position will require the ability to manage multiple tasks including daily bookkeeping, administrative tasks and reception duties.
- Managing reception; answering and directing calls as necessary
- Day to day bookkeeping, order entering and invoicing
- Accounts receivable and Payable
- Perform month end entries
- Respond to customer requests via email and phone
- Maintaining general ledgers and financial statements
- Data entry on our websites
- Other tasks as requested, consistent with an office bookkeeper/clerical assistant.
- Occasionally helping in the warehouse as required to meet time sensitive rush orders, sometimes on your feet for an extended period
Essential requirements for this position:
- High school Diploma or equivalent, college and/or technical training in accounting, finance or bookkeeping
- Must have relevant education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- 70+ wpm typing speed
- Graphic Design experience (or relevant education) using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is an asset.
As our ideal candidate, you...
- Leave a positive impression on clients over the phone and by email
- Are punctual when possible without compromising your personality
- Are quick to learn and able to handle lots of new information and routines (training provided where applicable)
- Pay high attention to detail and receptive to general feedback.
- Get along well with others in a team environment and can provide clear instructions to others when needed.
Permanent full time. 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
We appreciate all the time spent on applications to us, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Your understanding is appreciated.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person