The Lift Technician is responsible in maintaining customer service standards through safe and efficient operation, including safe driving and care of company vehicles, while adhering to Company policies, procedures and standards. The Lift Technician function is to ensure that client’s products are installed and maintained in an organized/timely manner, while ensuring this is completed in a safe/careful manner. The Lift Technician will be required to obtain and maintain a manufacturers certification.
1. Provide excellent customer service and maintain positive customer relations through the proper handling of customer merchandise, questions, comments, requests, and complaints.
2. Effectively works in a diverse team environment in a proficient and friendly manner.
3. Perform duties in an organized manner with accuracy and attention to detail maintaining confidentiality of information at all times. Co-ordinate installations and service contracts to ensure work is done within established deadlines.
4. Assist the Promotion and Warehouse Manager to ensure the warehouse is operating in accordance with company policies, procedures and programs.
5. Provide ongoing feedback to the Promotion and Warehouse Manager regarding recommendations for continued improvement of the warehouse operation.
6. Establish and maintain a strong, efficient, and productive working relationship with approved professionals, business organizations, and internal/external company representatives.
7. Perform the installation and service of stair, porch and ceiling lifts to the specifications established by the manufacturer. Will be required to obtain and maintain a manufacturer certification for this position.
8. Accurately and efficiently handle the installation of merchandise, inventory control, price integrity and administrative areas not specifically referred to in this document.
9. Assist in repairs of equipment, assembly of new equipment and the installation of elevators. May also assist in maintaining the AADL recycle program, maintenance of company vehicles and the maintenance of all rental equipment.
10. Adhere to all government and professional standards and regulations as they apply to the Home Health Care Industry.
11. Responsible for Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) including participate in OH&S activities, knowledgeable about and comply with OH&S policies, procedures and legislation, assist in identifying unhealthy, unsafe situations and ensure corrective action is taken.
12. Provide training to new installers. Provide verbal and written reports to supervisor on the status of training progress as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (includes Education):
- Previous installation experience