Det'on Cho Scarlet Security Services, a division of the Scarlet Group of Companies is seeking casual Mine Security Guards to join our team in Yellowknife, NT.
This role is a fly in/fly out position where candidates can expect to be on 2 or 3 week rotations when and as needed.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited:
- Ensure premises, client property and personnel are secured
- Observe, record, and report activities and security incidents.
- Prevent loss and damage by reporting irregularities
- Manage a security control centre and be comfortable speaking over various communications devices.
- Monitor CCTV and duress alarm systems and activate emergency response procedures as required.
- Escorting contractors in secure or controlled areas as needed.
- Patrol assigned areas, checking for fires, wildlife, vandalism, suspicious activity, or safety/fire hazards.
- Answer or respond to emergencies and dispatch of emergency resources as needed
- Grade 12 High School or GED equivalent.
- Class 5 driver's license
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to complete a criminal record check.
- Reside in or around Yellowknife, NT.
- Previous experience as working in a remote project (preferred).
- Ability to understand and comply with site specific Post Orders.
- Strong teamwork and partnership orientation.
Det'on Cho Scarlet Security, a division of Scarlet Security Group Ltd., embraces the principles of employment equity. We thank all applicants for your interest in employment; however, we will only contact selected applicants. About Scarlet Scarlet Security Group Ltd. is one of Canada’s leading security companies. We provide a vast portfolio of risk management solutions to a variety of partners and clients, some of whom are located in remote areas. Our diverse and highly qualified team members and relentless commitment to excellence provide superior results for our clients.