Requisition ID: 316273
Position Number: Multiple Positions Available
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Work Location: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Various
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
FTE: Full-Time, Part-Time, Casual
Anticipated Shift: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 and 11.63 hrs
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $38.464, $39.808, $41.154, $42.556, $43.930, $45.353, $46.260, $47.185
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
ABOUT ST. BONIFACE HOSPITAL
Located at the fork of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers, in the heart of the historic French quarter of Winnipeg, St. Boniface Hospital (SBH) maintains a sprawling campus of more than 20 acres and is a major university-affiliated centre. SBH is involved in patient care, teaching and research. We serve the people of Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario and parts of Saskatchewan.
Our mission focuses on quality patient care, education and research for the improvement of patient care. It is accomplished through teamwork, innovation, strong financial management, and continual striving for compassionate care to those in need.
St. Boniface Hospital has opportunities available to fit your unique interest including Cardiac Sciences, Emergency, Internal and Family Medicine, Renal Health, Mental Health, Palliative Care, Surgery, and Woman and Child.
In total, over 4,100 health care professionals & support personnel have chosen to work at St. Boniface Hospital. They’ve come for the opportunity to work in a true team environment alongside some of the best people in health care – an environment that promotes excellence in the individual and focuses on care for the patient.
WHAT WE OFFER
As one of Manitoba’s Top Employers (2022), here are some of the reasons why you should be part of the St. Boniface Hospital family:
- Regular continuing education opportunities through tuition subsidies and generous paid education leave, as well as in-house and online training programs
- As a provincially designated bilingual Hospital, we strongly believe in delivering safe and reliable care and services to patients in the official language of their choice, and promote the importance of the Active Offer.
- A sense of community and family in a welcoming and safe environment.
- Opportunities for career growth, and to be involved in innovative health care delivery within multidisciplinary teams
- An onsite fitness facility, open 24-hours a day/7-days a week, offering a variety of fitness classes, cardio equipment, and weight room.
The Buhler Art Gallery, open to all, is located in the main Hospital Atrium, and showcases work from local artisans (including Hospital staff!). The Gallery is the first of its kind in Canada, and serves as an oasis of contemplation, healing, and rejuvenation.
We offer careers of all types are available including full-time, part-time and permanent positions. Don’t delay, apply now!
- No previous experience required
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required.
- Current CRNM registration required.
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications skills required.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking/problem solving, leadership and decision making skills in response to a variety of simultaneous demands required.
- Demonstrated teaching ability required.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and pursue self development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team.
- Ability to function in a variety of demanding and stressful situations.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.