Position Title: Credit Analyst
Location: Oakville, ON.
About Samuel, Son & Co. Ltd.
At Samuel, we believe every team member brings unique and valuable skills, experiences and knowledge to our thriving business – enabling us to build on over 167 years of success in the metals industry. We offer countless opportunities for our team members to develop and grow in their careers, empower them to make decisions on the job and be a part of driving positive change – within our organization and in the communities where we live and work. If you’re seeking an inclusive, supportive and welcoming workplace to make your mark and grow your career, we have the programs, culture and opportunities to make it happen. We’re stronger together.
Here are some of the great benefits that we offer:
- Competitive wage
- Company paid health and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company match
- Opportunity for career stability and growth
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Flexibility with start and end times (depending on circumstances and position)
- Protective personal equipment is provided or cost of purchase is reimbursed
- Affinity group for women (dependent on location)
- On the job training
- Analyze new and existing accounts to assess credit risk; approve and set limits & payments terms in accordance with credit policy and authorization level.
- Contact customers on past due invoices and short payments on assigned portfolios.
- Release orders daily based on credit status of customer accounts.
- Resolve customer disputes working with sales department and customer service.
- Initiate customer correspondence regarding outstanding customer credits.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Involved in and recommends initiatives toward continuous process improvement.
- Make write-off/bad debt/outside collections recommendations to Credit Manager.
- May train lesser experienced Credit team members.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Education & Certifications:
- University degree or college diploma.
- Enrollment or interest in credit & collections professional designation & continuing education preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in credit/collections in a multi BU environment.
- Knowledge of credit & collections principles, process, regulations and standards.
- General accounting knowledge specifically around working capital and its impact of cash flow.
- Strong understanding and abilities to understand/analyze commercial reports and data.
- Advanced Computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to make sound credit and collection recommendations regarding customer risk in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
At Samuel we believe in a culture of equality. Respect and integrity are at our core. We are committed to building and embracing a diverse workforce and creating an environment that is open and inclusive for everyone.
Job Type: Full-time