Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We are proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
The Loader Operator position is located in Balzac, Alberta.
- Operate Loader to fill feeder bins at Asphalt Plant
- Operate Loader to load trucks in Recycle Yard
- Preventative maintenance on machinery/equipment as required.
- Ability to perform work in varying weather conditions
- Ability to work periodic night shift
- Adhering to all safety policies and processes.
- Additional tasks as required by supervisor.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience operating Loader in construction environment.
- Familiar with aggregates and the construction industry required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Awareness of surroundings and ability to perform job in a safe manner.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, contractors, and the public in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Must be a team player.
Job Types: Seasonal, Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Balzac, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have Loader Operator experience?
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person