Warehouse and Inventory Supervisor
Location: 240-555 Hervo Street,Winnipeg, MB
Our People Can Tell the Future. Maybe You Can Too.
Who are we?
We are a warehousing and transfer company that brings pride and excellence to the market every day. We bring innovation that’s authentic and measurable as well as bringing leadership to community priorities in equal unison with our corporate priorities. We recognize our core strength is ingenuity, which is a human resource that renews through encouragement and development. We are twenty-first century accomplishment leaders; inside, safety side and market side.
ISO certified; Future Transfer is an essential network of specialist services for an agriculture sector with sophisticated challenges. Strategic national warehousing, next level logistics, tolerance specific custom formulation, packaging, transloading, and a fully inclusive company-wide think-tank of empowered solution achievers.
Future Transfer is a growing story; join us and tell your part.
Why work for us?
- Competitive wages
- Premium health benefits
- Premium RRSP & matched contributions plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company supplied uniforms, PPE & safety shoes
- Paid vacation
- Company lunches
- Company promotional items throughout the year
- Short term disability and long-term disability
- Continued growth and development of our people & our business
Who are we searching for?
We are looking for a Warehouse and Inventory Supervisor to join our busy and growing team!
Job Duties: (include but not limited to):
- Submits all daily, weekly and monthly reports, analyzing results and investigating any discrepancies and reporting to the Site Manager
- Ensure that warehouse staff are always wearing appropriate PPE and following company safety protocol
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe environment for all staff
- Report any and all equipment damage, malfunctions or safety hazards
- Ensure daily housekeeping standards are met, and fully optimizes and utilizes current warehouse footprint
- Ensure that adequate PPE and consumables are readily available, and supplies are well stocked
- Ensure staff adhere to work schedule, metrics and assignments
- Accurate and up to date inventory levels for raw material and finished goods
- Ensures customer waste is accurately inventoried and stored
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed and done correctly
- Other duties as assigned
- Reviews, researches and resolves customer complaints
- Utilize root cause analysis tools and determine sustaining actions for all customer complaints and non-conformances
- Clarifies Dangerous Goods regulations
- Assists customers in warehouse practices and inventory counts
- Plans and supervises manpower of warehouse
- Responsible for meetings departmental KPIs and targets, and understand area losses
- Ensures the safe, cost-efficient functioning of the logistics department, shipping and receiving departments
- Ensures accuracy and completion of cycle counts for all inventoried items, and investigation for discrepancies using root cause analysis; ensure stock record accuracy for both finished goods and packaging components
- Checks manpower schedules and operations, alters as required
- Monitors and controls inventory items
- Trains staff on handling and storage of products and inventory
- Reviews inventory and investigates discrepancies
- Matching BOL to physical shipment
- Maintain a clean, organized warehouse by implementing daily housekeeping habits
- Ensure FIFO standards are being used
- Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement activities
- 3 years’ experience in a warehouse supervisory position
- Minimum 2 years’ forklift driving experience
- Strong knowledge of workplace safety
- Detail, organizational and accuracy oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Be able to work in a team environment that is constantly working towards improving its processes and procedures
- Continuous Improvement experience and mindset
- Various indoor and outdoor weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Manual dexterity
- Interact with management and colleagues
Safety is our priority, both the starting point and foundation for all aspects of our business operations. Safe transport and storage of products, safe operational practices and safe working conditions enable us to protect our employees, customers, suppliers, and the environment.
To read more about our successes and what we do, please visit: www.futuretransfer.com
We thank you for your interest in careers at Future Transfer.
Click apply to submit your resume!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- counterbalance forklift driving: 2 years (required)
- warehouse and inventory supervisory: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person