Director of Clinical Services
The Director of Clinical Services reports to and receives general direction from the Executive Director and is responsible for compliance with current applicable federal, provincial, and local standards, guidelines, regulations that govern long-term care facilities, and established policies and procedures to enhance the quality of life of our residents by planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operations of the Nursing Department. The Director of Clinical Services provides leadership with regard to clinical practice, team development, quality assurance, and strategic input to assure each resident receives the necessary nursing, medical, and psychosocial services to attain and maintain the highest possible mental and physical functional status.
- Baccalaureate degree/diploma in Nursing and current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in a hospital, long-term care facility or other related health care facility, preferred.
- Certificate in leadership in healthcare an asset
- Decision Making
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Demonstrated ability to always maintain confidentiality and privacy and communicate in a courteous and respectful manner verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and application in nursing care including but not limited to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptivity.
- Strong morals and ethics.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person