Job Posting – Homesol is Hiring!
Position: Energy Advisors
Are you passionate about helping builders, designers, renovators, and homeowners to reduce their carbon footprint and save on energy? Are you ready for a long-term career with a company dedicated to making a real difference through healthier, more comfortable, affordable, and sustainable homes?
Homesol Building Solutions has openings for Registered Energy Advisors (REAs) to help deliver both new and existing home energy efficiency consulting services, including EnerGuide Rating System (v.15), ENERGY STAR, and Net Zero Homes.
Are you already or have been a registered EA with Natural Resources Canada? If you answered yes, we are looking to hire you and we offer great incentives!
If you have never been an EA, but are interested in learning, the competencies to be successful in this job include:
- Site Safety
- Client Communications, Report Writing and Computer Skills (HOT2000, Outlook, Word, Excel, SketchUp)
- Geometry, Numeracy, and accurate data collection
- Building Envelope Assemblies (Air Barriers, Insulation, Windows, etc.)
- Basics of Canadian House Construction and Deep Energy Retrofit Methods, incl. current building codes
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Systems
- Building Science and the “House as a System” Approach
- Blower Door Testing
- The EnerGuide Rating System v.15
- HOT2000 Modeling in v.11 including cost-effective deep-energy Upgrades
Prior HOT2K energy modeling, Google Sketchup 3D modeling, blower door testing experience and familiarity with energy conservation and green building principles is a huge asset. Applicants should be physically fit, able to climb ladders and carry equipment. Must be personable and outgoing, have good English oral and written communication skills (Bilingual oral and written skills an asset), and interact well with builders, designers, trades, and homeowners. Own cell phone, reliable vehicle (potential for one to be provided if needed), good driving record, proof of car insurance and criminal record check are required, willing to travel regularly to job sites with periodic overnight stays. Trustworthy, organized, and able to work independently without constant supervision. Candidates should possess high standards, have good time management, follow instructions, and deliver accurate results.
Initial job responsibilities include:
- Conduct residential energy evaluations consisting of measuring the dimensions and volume of a home, windows and doors, checking insulation levels from the basement to the attic, examining HVAC systems and performing a blower door test with a thermal scan of the home using an infrared camera.
- Explain program details, potential upgrades, and rebates to clients
- Prepare and provide reports and labels to clients
- Organize, update and submit electronic file documentation.
This is a well-paying job that does allow a lot of flexibility in schedules as it can be done part-time or full time and you can choose to work a lot of additional hours or cut back a lot on your hours. Additional training, continual professional development, and long-term career advancement will be provided to successful candidates.
Salary: $60,000 - $95,000 per year (Pay per file)
We can change the world, one house at a time. Join our team, heal the climate, reduce energy poverty, and help make a difference that will last for generations.