With 26,000 trained employees in 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company. From Vancouver to St. John’s, we maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial, retail, recreational, educational and food manufacturing facilities.
General Description: A cleaner is generally responsible for cleaning work including dusting of offices, vacuuming, the cleaning of all hard floor surfaces, washrooms, and the collection and removal of garbage from drop points to a garbage bin. This position requires you to have or able to obtain a reliable means of transportation to and from the workplace.
- 7am-3pm Monday to Friday
- 4pm-9pm Monday to Friday
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Empty garbage containers and reline them, clean labs, classrooms, auditoriums including wiping and disinfecting desks, chairs, and tabletops, ensures washrooms are clean and in proper order.
- Replenish supply of amenities such as: toilet paper, paper towel, soap, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Transports garbage from drop points to garbage bins or compactor.
- Sweep, mop floors and dust furniture, vacuum carpets
- Clean, Sanitize, disinfect, and polish stainless stain fixtures and appliances in the washroom, door handles, walls, and countertops.
- Participate in all training relevant and as required. Adhere to all health and safety regulations as outlined by the Company.
- Report any damaged or broken utilities to the supervisor.
- Additional duties may be required from time to time.
A clear criminal background check is required for this position.
GDI Services (Canada) LP is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment, and selection process. Please notify GDI Services (Canada) LP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation GDI Services (Canada) LP will work with you to determine how to meet your needs
Job Type: Full-time
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person