Protrans Personnel Services is a medium business in STAFFING_FIRM_GENERAL. We are professional, agile, and our goal is to PREMIUM STAFFING SOLUTIONS At Protrans Personnel Services, we pride ourselves on finding the right people for your business. As part of our recruiting solutions, we screen, skill test, and vet potential hires for you. We also take care of payroll and the associated expenses! This leaves you the time to focus on what you do..
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Food provided
Health and Safety Manager
The Health and Safety Manager drives health and safety initiatives across our business in numerous provinces in Canada and select states in the USA.
This position has responsibility for providing day-to day and forward-looking strategic health and safety support to Managers and Employees. The Health and Safety Leader will work closely with Protrans’ employees management and our clients to ensure that the company's Health and Safety program and safety management system is effectively reducing risk. This role will report to the Manager of Corporate Safety with dotted line reporting to the General Manager of Protrans. This position is based in the GTA with some hybrid options available.
We are seeking an experienced occupational health and safety leader who is looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a unique environment with the strength to build leadership accountability and capability to drive safety as a core value within all levels of our business and clients. The successful candidate will have solid communication skills, the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients, and experience with formal safety management systems building and deployment. Comfortable working within a diverse workforce across multiple industries and jurisdictions with unique challenges is critical.
- Design and develop Protrans’ Health and Safety strategy including leading and lagging key performance indicators to reduce and measure overall risk to the health and safety of all Protrans’ employees.
- Develop, implement, and execute a safety management system that protects the employees, employer, and clients.
- Build capability in Managers, Supervisors, and Employees through training, coaching, and guidance in all aspects of the health and safety management system and program, with the goal of improving safety behavior performance and overall safety and health results.
- Promote, educate, and communicate best practices for health, safety, security, and environmental areas.
- Actively engaged in ensuring all aspects of regulatory compliance in health and safety across the business with the goal that the organization is fully compliant with all relevant policies, procedures, and legislative requirements relating to.
- Coordinate with Irving Group Moncton companies and corporate office in developing and achieving annual performance goals and targets.
- Provide managers with support in the management of occupational and non-occupational injury, illness or disability, employment accommodation, and return to work responsibilities, and workplace accident claims.
- Conduct and/or assist accident investigations and recommend corrective action to reduce risk of reoccurrence.
- Conduct and/or assist in pre-placement and routine workplace inspections.
- Lead members of the JOHS Committee.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or certification in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline.
- CRSP, CRST, CSP, NEBOSH, or similar safety certification preferred.
- At least five years of progressive health and safety experience in Canada, with similar experience in US jurisdictions preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various provincial OH&S legislation and regulations, risk management programs, safety management systems and industry best practices; knowledge of US OSHA and New York and Georgia state legislation and regulations is preferred.
- Formal root cause analysis investigation training, such as TapRoot, would be considered an asset.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Bilingualism in French is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and the ability to understand statistics and interpret data to drive evidence based decision making.
- Ability to facilitate training and conduct effective presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on deadlines in an environment with shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Experience in return to work and ability management programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing professional relationships, sharing and coordinating tasks with cross functional teams.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high quality work.
- Must be able to travel within Canada and the US. Travel required a few days a month and on demand as circumstances require (25-50% of time.)
What we Offer
- Competitive compensation package including health and dental benefits, company matched RRSP contributions, generous career development support, and numerous opportunities for growth across a vast network of companies.
- Opportunity to transform the safety culture and develop and implement a safety management system within a unique organization and own the results.
- Support from an experienced group of safety professionals across a variety of businesses.
- A safe, respectful workplace that values uniqueness and diversity.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $90,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in York, ON M6M 4Y4
Expected start date: 2023-07-03