Why join us?
We work and play in Canada’s most beautiful playground, Banff National Park, and you can too. Sunshine Village is the premier ski resort in Western Canada. If you want to be part of making our guests’ ski experience unforgettable and think a winter season skiing and riding on the best powder in the Rockies would be great too, then read on for more information...
The Vehicle Maintenance HET Journeyman provides an outstanding experience for guests via the safe, efficient, dependable operation and maintenance of the powered equipment fleet e.g., light passenger and commercial vehicles, on highway vehicles e.g., transit/cutaway/school busses, dump truck. This position works primarily out of the Banff Sunshine Transportation facility. Journeymen are focused on safety, efficiency, and being approachable and courteous. The Vehicle Maintenance HET Journeyman reports to the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor or designate. Liaising frequently with external contractors and the transportation department.
Lead/assist in all maintenance duties while always maintaining and contributing to a safe and efficient work site e.g., operating equipment, inspections, troubleshooting, disassembly, assembly, and cleaning of equipment and worksites.
Administrative and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Completing documentation e.g., daily checks, assigned logs, daily reports, requisition parts/materials, worksite inspections, work orders/PM records, safe work plans.
- Communicating unusual operating conditions e.g., mechanical, operational, environmental.
- Communicating and adhering to company initiatives, policies, relevant legislation, manufacturer guidelines e.g., OHS, Traffic Safety Act, National Parks Act, regulations, and codes.
- Timely and accurate reporting of all incidents and deficiencies to appropriate departments/personnel.
Other duties may be requested and assigned from time to time.
- Heavy Equipment Technician – Truck and Transport ticket or equivalent. CVIP certification is an asset or willingness to acquire.
- Valid and clear class 5 Alberta vehicle operator’s license. Assets- class 2 or 3 license, Q/S endorsements or willingness to acquire.
- Mechanically inclined and own a basic set of tools appropriate for the position.
- Must be positive, mature, and friendly attitude along with being neat, alert, punctual and dependable.
- Willing/able to perform all duties or departmental tasks.
- Prepared to work flexible schedules e.g., weekends, holidays, nights, extended hours.
- Prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions e.g., appropriate footwear, layers, gloves.
- Calm under pressure and patient.
- Effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally and in a confidential capacity.
- Maintain professional conduct when acting as a company representative on or off duty, and online.
- Effectively provide training, support, and assistance to coworkers.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings and training.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products e.g., Excel, Word.
- Employees must always be of sound mind, exhibit good judgment, and report to work fit for duty.
- Requires standing/walking for long periods of time, trunk rotation, frequent lifting, pushing/pulling of equipment, parts, and tools (up to 45 kg), kneeling, crouching. Routinely climb inclined stairs or similar up to 5m or occasionally climb ladders up to 4m, some hiking and movements in an alpine environment may be required.
- This role maintains/operates machinery, vehicles, and works around moving equipment.
- This role maintains and operates hand/powered tools/equipment e.g., wrenches, testing equipment, hoists
- Candidates may be required to provide their own transportation to their work location.
- Candidates are required to provide and maintain CSA approved safety footwear.
- Required uniform pieces (liner, jacket, pants, toque/hat, collared shirt, polo) are provided.
- This role has potential exposure to industrial chemicals e.g., solvents, oils, grease, fuels.
This role is subject to all terms and conditions of the Sunshine Village Employee Handbook, Policy Manual, and the Alberta Employment Standards Code.
- FREE - Your staff pass is your ticket to ride Sunshine!
- Ski & Ride – Free days & discounts at ski resorts across Canada
- Staff Events – Staff parties, BBQs, spring night skiing, dog sledding & more
- Career – Recognition programs & career development opportunities
- Wellness – Discounted fitness passes, yoga, onsite support & professional support
- Onsite discounts – Food & beverage, retail, & hotel stays
- Exclusive deals – Brand-named gear & local businesses
- And much, much more!
Can’t wait to get started? Great, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Click the Apply Online button below tell us why you’re the next awesome member of our team. Remember, we’re looking for people who will wow our guests, so start now and wow us.