Come build with a BC Top Employer 2023!
Jacob Bros Construction is immediately hiring a Superintendent
to support the delivery of industrial, commercial and institutional projects.
- Supervises construction workforce and oversees on-site construction activities to construct the project effectively, safely and within budget
- Hires, trains, supervises and mentors craft personnel; oversees subcontractors and manages the work
- Develops and maintains open communication with crews, trades, project team and clients to ensure project performance, safety and quality requirements are met
- Prepares work plans and scheduling to determine manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Monitors and executes the project construction plan; develops and implements job schedules and three week look ahead schedules
- Leads effective site meetings with craft, trades, project teams and client
- Examines field conditions, corrects inaccuracies and implements cost saving measures
- Understands project scope and applies engineering principles to troubleshoot and resolve challenges
- Collaborates with Project Manager to implement safety program and maintain all safety documentation
- Maintains project administration correspondence, complies with all project documentation requirements
- Develops strong relationships with all project stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience as a site Superintendent in the buildings sector (ICI & residential construction)
- Expert understanding of buildings construction industry and business operations, including cost management processes and reports, construction specifications and methods, contract language, and project planning and schedules
- Ability to understand scope of work and project schedule and interpret drawings, specifications and contract documents
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills and ability to communicate positively and effectively with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of safety and environmental procedures and legislation
- Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes and Building Envelope
- Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project or internal project controls software and scheduling software
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including night shifts as required
- Legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada
About Jacob Bros:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Eligibility for Profit Sharing Program
- Three weeks vacation
- New 50,000 square foot office and maintenance facility in South Surrey with full gym and on-site personal trainer
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for $2000 Referral Bonus Program
At Jacob Bros, our team of talented construction professionals is taking on some the most challenging projects in British Columbia's construction industry.
We are one of BC’s largest and most respected construction organizations, offering construction services in a variety of markets including heavy civil construction, major public infrastructure, and industrial, commercial, institutional and residential projects.
Jacob Bros has proudly served every major sector of Western Canada’s construction industry since 2008, and has been consistently recognized as a BC Top Employer.
Jacob Bros employs over 300 construction professionals, including staff and craft employees.