SkiBig3 is about connecting and sharing all the pieces of a truly Canadian winter ski experience with visitors from around the globe. Grounded by our deep roots in the Canadian Rockies, the experiences we represent are exciting, adventurous, unique and rare. Respecting our unique mountain environment, working collaboratively with a diverse cross-section of individuals, and sharing our passion for Banff National Park is embedded in all that we represent and all that we do.
Diversity – equity - inclusion. These are not just words to us; they are principles that guide decision-making throughout our business. How we build our teams, cultivate leaders, and create a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their most authentic selves to work each day.
SkiBig3 is currently recruiting for the full-time, year-round position of Adventure Hub Retail Supervisor to join our team. The primary goal of this role will be to ensure the operational support, specifically in the retail department, is met. The role along with the Guest Services and Rental Supervisors, will be direct back-up for the Hub Managers, with a focus on driving retail sales. The position will also assist with promotions, merchandising and the general atmosphere of the SkiBig3 Adventure Hub.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
· Opening and closing duties
· Ensure accurate cash out reconciliations for accounting
· Lead team to achieve sales targets.
· Create visual displays for merchandising
· Supervision of retail and guest services staff
· Assist with hiring associates
· Work with Guest Services and Rental Supervisors to monitor customer service and product standards across rental, retail and guest services teams
· Customer management
· Receiving and inventorying new stock
· Assist with POS and E-commerce systems updates and maintaining products
· Organize retail brand PKs – and subsequent review with staff throughout the season
· Process product warrantee claims
· E-Commerce Order Fulfillment
· Ensure daily quality assurance across all aspects of floor operation.
· Allocation of tasks pertaining to restocking floor as well as general store and stock room organization and cleanliness.
· Enforcement of the cleaning list on a daily basis
· Update the list and add relevant tasks
· Attention to in-store display and store cleanliness
· Ensure staff area downstairs is kept clean
Staffing & Training:
· Assist with the staff training plan and checklist – responsible to update documents regularly
· Enforce Staff disciplinary procedures
· Create and maintain an open and continual relationship with Ski Resort Guest Services and Departmental Managers
Skills & Experience Required:
· 2+ years previous retail and inventory experience required
· Organized, efficient, responsible, and mature
· Previous supervisory experience required
· 3+ years driving insurance history and willing to change to Albertan License if not currently in possession
· Able to train, motivate, create team atmosphere during busy and slower periods
· Friendly, outgoing, excellent guest service skills
· Able to multitask with proven ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing work environments
· Good working knowledge of computers, POS systems and applications.
· Ability to troubleshoot guest problems, minor network and printer issues, and unexpected employee issues.
· Capable of working independently and in a team environment
SkiBig3 has a vibrant, fun and inclusive company culture and our team is made-up of diverse individuals from across the globe. This role offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, seasonal bonus, staff incentives, a 4-day summer work week, a SkiBig3 season pass and much, much more!
If you possess the above attributes and would like to join our passionate, energetic, SkiBig3 team, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the perfect candidate for this position.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $19.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Retail management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person