General Description: Courtesy and efficiency are paramount in any Food Services capacity. The Food&Beverage Server plays a key role in the operation to maintain the necessary liaison with guests as well as a balanced relationship with fellow team members in the day-to-day operation. Professionalism and organizational skill are necessary for success in this position.
Company: Fox Harb'r Resort/ Fox Harb’r Development Ltd.
The resort offers guest accommodation, golf, spa, sport shooting and dining.
Business Address: 1337 Fox Harbour Road, Fox Harbour, Nova Scotia B0K 1Y0
Work location: same as above
Type of Employment: Seasonal-Full time
Estimated Start Date: March 1st , 2024 (Workers are needed from March to November 15, 2024)
1.Take a responsible role in day-to-day operation, maintaining and assisting others in the appearance and operating efficiency of all dining areas.
2. To perform all aspects of service expectations and any necessary extra duties as assigned.
3. To adhere to company policies and departmental procedures.
4. To ensure all menu items are entered in POS quickly and correctly with follow up with kitchen team members.
5. To become aware and knowledgeable of all menu specials, shortages or item specifics on a per shift/day basis as well as knowledge of existing menus.
6. To ensure the cleanliness and proper storage of all products, tools and workspaces.
7. To ensure all health regulations and food safety techniques are followed.
8. Maintain clean and organized work area.
9. To be diligent in reporting any breakage, incident or safety concern to supervisor or F&B Director.
10. To ask for assistance in areas of service or procedural performance as needed.
11. Maintain the security of information, key control areas, inventories and time management not only displaying responsible actions, but also encouraging them in others.
12. Learn and know areas of product knowledge, service techniques and procedures.
13. Completion of closing tasks such as reports preparation, checklist of completed duties and a synopsis of the shift/day/night where pertinent information is recorded for follow-up or as reporting for incoming team members.
14. Closing tasks may also include the safe and clean state of departure from premises; ensuring areas are locked, closed or turned off as required.
15.Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room billings
16.Describe menu items including daily specials for customers
17.Advise on menu selections
18.Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
19.Serve food and beverages
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work independently and as part of a team effectively
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait in Wallace, Nova Scotia. We are offering a unique opportunity for you to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity, you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team. Our benefits include:
- Competitive wages
- Travel Fuel Allowance
- Discounts at the Resort's Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
- Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
- Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
- Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool and Fitness Room
- Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
- Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
- Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
- Team Member housing availability