Why Choose Us?
Novolex® is a leader in packaging innovation, choice and sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and industrial markets.
Our Sustainability Commitment
The Novolex sustainability vision is built upon three pillars: our products, our operations and our people. Each is critically important to our growth and future as a business. These pillars form the foundation of our company-wide commitment to sustainability, helping us achieve our ambitious goals through our wide-ranging initiatives.
How You'll Perform the Role
The Customer Service Representative will be accountable to manage a group of customers and increase customer experience and sales.
This position is the key direct face to the customer and plays a critical role as the voice of the customer, striving for excellence and a sense of urgency in all departments.
What We Need From You
- Manage the daily customer purchase orders for your respective group of customers, providing timely and accurate order confirmation and tracking of shipment dates, deadlines for backordered SKUs (stock keeping units), customer pick-ups, changes requested by the customer after the order is placed, etc.
- Ensure that the customer purchase order is completely reviewed before order confirmation concerning if the SKU is active in the ERP, quantity, unit of measure, unit net sales price, minimum order quantity, billing address, number of full truckloads (FTL), or less than truckload (LTL), ship to address and planned shipped date.
- Lead regular meetings with key customers to discuss and improve day-to-day operations. Understand current and future customers’ needs and how we could best fulfill them.
- Ensure positive interactions between customers and internal teams such, Sales, Production Planning, Materials Inventory Management, Operations, Product Management, Pricing, and Finance teams.
- Know how to deny customer requests that do not follow company guidelines and rules.
- Keep customer database updated (complete company name, address – city, state, country, main contacts - complete name, position, phone numbers, and e-mail address).
- Receive, analyze, and process properly and on-time return material authorization requests (RMA’s).
- Issue customer invoice and pricing updates as needed, besides reports as One-Time In-Full (OTIF) and Finance month-end close. Process intercompany orders as required.
- Learn about the products, so you can also upsell, especially slow-moving or promotional items.
What You'll Get From Us
- Minimum high school diploma. Bachelor's degree holder is an advantage.
- Experience working with customers - end-users, distributors, brokers, and/or sales channel representatives in a manufacturing environment desired.
- Knowledge concerning supply chain processes (demand forecasting, production planning, inventory management, transportation, distribution centers, etc.) is a plus.
- ERP experience is required. IFS and Epicor CMS ERPs experience is preferred .
- Good knowledge of Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and a second language such as French is a plus.
With safety as our top priority and a commitment to employee well-being an important focus, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that include medical, dental and vision insurance (including Telehealth options) as well as a variety of other well-being resources focused on mental, physical and financial health. Specific benefits and well-being programs may vary depending on where you work.
At Novolex, giving back to the local communities that support us is important. Our Focused Giving Program prioritizes support for organizations whose missions promote sustainability initiatives or address food and hunger needs. We also encourage facility level support of activities in the communities where our employees live and work.
Training and Development
We offer constant opportunities for advancement. From skills development to advanced education programs, training and development programs and courses are available through Novolex University. Programs include company and industry training curricula, support for formal education through the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System that supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the organization.
Job Reference: CA00249