As the largest scrap metal recycling facility in Atlantic Canada, John Ross & Sons Ltd. is currently seeking a pro-active, tenacious full cycle Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team!
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for full cycle recruitment for all open positions within Nova Scotia with a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Working with managers to determine staffing needs and develop job postings to attract qualified candidates.
- Employ innovative techniques to identify elusive talent in the market.
- Participate in relevant job fairs and events.
- Review resumes, conduct pre-screen interviews and in person interviews.
- Responsible for the management of candidate relationships and their satisfaction with the recruitment experience until start date.
- Notify applicants of results of selection process
- Source passive candidates for hard to fill roles.
- Hybrid role (85% from home, 15% on site)
- Work under pressure
- Tight Deadlines
- Attention to detail.
The Successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Talent Acquisition with a focus on sourcing strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Social media savvy with experience using various social media platforms to communicate with and source potential candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Team player
- Positive, upbeat, tenacious attitude
- Go getter that enjoys challenges.