+VG Architects offers an exceptional and dynamic opportunity for a Senior Construction Contract Administrator, in our organization. We are a full-service architectural firm known for innovative approaches to the design of Heritage, Cultural, Educational, Municipal, Justice, Residential and Recreational Buildings including heritage restorations, additions, providing services throughout Canada.
Qualified candidates shall possess a minimum of 10+ years of experience in Contract Administration and/or Construction Project Management within the architecture or construction industry with a Bachelor’s in Architecture, a diploma in Architectural Technology, Engineering Technologist, or OGCA Gold Seal Certification and shall possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of building code is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods.
- Proven technical understanding of building science, construction contracts and constructability considerations.
- Good Knowledge of construction best practices, including equipment, materials, and quality assurance techniques
- Attention to details.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage time, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Self-motivated individual capable of assuming increasing responsibility for both current and future projects.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and your own vehicle is required.
- Ability to work from home, from office, or remotely on project sites that require on-site presence of Contract Administrator during construction.
The duties of the Senior Construction Contract Administrator shall have a demonstrated and proven track record in administering construction contracts on behalf of the Architect, with particular focus on quality control and cost control on a variety of projects from startup to closeout. Additional primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Be the prime liaison between Project Managers, Construction Managers, General Contractors, Client/Owners, and AE teams.
- Maintain responsibility of contract administration deliverables and ensure that they are delivered in a prompt and accurate manner, meeting client expectations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Review and interpret construction documents.
- Coordinate with Contractors, Consultants, Clients and Authorities having jurisdiction.
- Responsible for preparation of contract administration documents, monthly payment certificates, substantial & total performance documentation.
- Responsible for working with the project team to manage field changes, negotiate various contractual matters including price agreements, change orders, scope changes and to find resolution to construction issues throughout construction.
- Process, review and answer Request for Information and submittals.
- Coordinate revisions to the contract documents, make recommendations, and consult client / owner on all issues related to the project.
- Participating in construction progress meetings
- Assist the Architectural team with constructability reviews as required for project designs, as well as scope changes during construction.
- Monitor, review, and process closeout submittals and perform periodic QA/QC construction site visits, including substantial presence at the construction site.
Only qualified candidates will be considered for this position and only those who meet the specified criteria will be contacted.
For more information on our firm, please visit www.plusvg.com
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Canadian Contract Administration: 10 years (required)
Work Location: In person