Safran Electronics & Defense Canada Inc. is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets that span over land, naval, aeronautical and space applications. As a division of The Safran Group, our mission is to contribute to safer and more sustainable aviation.
We are looking for technically inclined individual to step into the SMT Operator position; this role is responsible for the optimal operation of the Surface Mount Technology Line from start to completion. The SMT Operator will process work orders in a timely manner in order to maintain the production schedule, and supporting the escalation and resolution of any issues that originate from the SMT Line.
Why Join Us
- Enjoy flexible working hours
- We encourage a healthy work life balance with 37 hour work weeks – half day Fridays
- Work from home options
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Program
- Employee Recognition and engagement programs
- Opportunities to further your career with excellent Training and Development programs
- Enjoy a positive organizational cultures, social activities and employee events
- Enjoy the perks of a larger corporation with a small town feel
- Contribute to an exciting industry with a company that prioritizes quality and safety
- Mobility opportunities and more offerings of the Safran Group and their 342 locations within 30 countries
- Located in the beautiful Kawarthas, Peterborough is only 1.5 hours away from Toronto
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for SMT operations including stencil printing/cleaning, stencil print inspection, pick and place equipment operation, reflow oven profiling/operation and automated optical inspection (AOI).
- Review and validate PCB/Component pick and place assembly to Engineering drawings.
- Independently diagnose and correct issues on the Surface Mount Assembly Line
- Upload Pick and Place Programs, and perform adjustments to the programs to ensure optimal operation of the equipment
- Post reflow oven manual inspection and rework as per IPC 610 standards
- Stagger and teardown of SMT work orders.
- Support Process Technicians with SMT equipment operation to ensure optimal machine availability.
- Track and record SMT equipment in OEE log to record down time and support optimal speed.
- Preventative Maintenance, and Process Qualification tasks related to SMT equipment
- Exposure to 5S and lean manufacturing practices
- Support projects and manufacturing improvement initiatives
- Document and report accurately Quality Issues and Equipment Failures, and escalate SMT line concerns
- Other duties as required.
- Technical diploma in an associated discipline such as electronics or electro-mechanics preferred
- Must be able to work shifts including afternoon shift from 4:30 pm to 1:30 am in a Unionized Environment
- Previous exposure to IPC 610 standard preferred
- Experience working with Surface Mount Technology equipment in an electronics circuit board design, test and assembly environment
- Ability to read, interpret and troubleshoot equipment drawings and BOMs
- Strong communication, organizational & planning skills, and analytical problem solving approach
- Strong knowledge of electronic manufacturing equipment methods and procedures
- Proficient in computer software applications such as, MS Office, ERP systems, etc.
- Experience with AS9100 or ISO procedures
- Experience with health, safety and environment procedures in a manufacturing facility
- Team player with obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done, and self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement
Safran Electronics and Defense Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Surface Mount Technician, SMT Specialist, Surface Mount Assembler, Building Systems Technician, Process Technician, Electronics Technician, Electrical Technician, Wave Solder Technician
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.85 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Safran Electronics and Defense are following all provincial requirements to ensure the health of all onsite personnel, and visitors
- Do you have knowledge of electronic manufacturing equipment methods and procedures?
- Surface Mount Technology: 1 year (preferred)
- Circuit Boards: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person