About DD Mau
DD Mau started off as a small Vietnamese banh mi shop in Yaletown in 2012 and with our second location, we are serving more than just sandwiches. Our Chinatown location offers an expanded menu that provides the downtown area with awesome Vietnamese street food and cocktails. Think Vietnamese food meets Japanese Izakaya with late night happy hour, DJ's on rotation and ongoing monthly events. We are a growing company that is looking to recruit and build a strong team to be a part of our family.
We are looking for:
Bartenders : Evenings and Weekend Shifts
Every great DD Mau experience needs great DD Mau people! We are looking for a passionate bartender to join our team. We are in need of someone who loves shaking up drinks to compliment our fun street food menu.
If you value teamwork and a collaborative work environment we would love to meet you!
- Must be able to serve as well as bartend during peak service
- Ensures bar is well-stocked and clean
- Maintains drink quality according to standards
- Creates drinks according to recipes
- Ensure proper opening and closing of the restaurant
- Carrying out duties as required from the General Manager
- Providing the highest level of customer service
- Ensuring compliance with food safety regulations
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years serving or bartending experience in a high volume environment
- Strong food and beverage knowledge and a passion for the service industry
- Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and lots of energy
Shift Schedule Requirements:
- Tuesday – Thursday evenings from 5:30pm - 11pm
- Friday - Saturday evenings between 5:30pm - 1am
- Serving it Right Certification required.
- Minimum 2 years restaurant experience as a bartender.
- Knowledge of Vietnamese cuisine is an asset.
- Serving experience as asset.
- Free meals
- Discounted meals for friends and family
- Health Benefits (for full time staff if interested)
Please send us your resume and availability. We'd love to hear from you!
Wage: starting wage will be dependent on level of experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- What days/shifts are you available to work?
- Bartending: 2 years (preferred)
- Serving: 1 year (required)
- Serving It Right (required)
Work Location: In person