Are you an IT professional who is passionate about contributing your IT expertise to support a mid-size organization in it’s mandate to facilitate community development and building community capacity? Do you want to make an impact to support newcomer and other equity-seeking newcomers to reduce barriers these communities experience?
Join our team! AHC is recruiting for a Systems/Solutions Architect.
If you are a solution-oriented and resourceful person consider applying for this opportunity, and join a dynamic and growing organization to support and contribute to make a meaningful impact in the community we live in.
IT Systems/Solutions Architect
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $5,950 - $6,100 per month
The IT Systems/Solutions Architect will assess and determine how best to utilize technology to meet AHC’s business needs, implement identified solutions, maintain and support the operations of our IT systems to meet ongoing business needs.
As the successful candidate, you are an IT professional with experience managing multiple IT projects, analyzing business and IT system needs, recommending technology solutions to improve business performance and security, designing, or modifying technology architecture and testing the integration of software in these designs for correct functionality, and managing existing systems and integrating third-party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and objectives. You will also be able to translate our internal business and external clients’/stakeholders’ needs into high-quality IT systems.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish the IT Systems project scope, system goals, and requirements; liaise with third-party developers as AHC’s main project contact.
- Assess and analyze the current technology environment and IT systems requirements for high-quality performance and security across all AHC business areas.
- Research and recommend solutions to meet the short and long-term technology systems needs given AHC’s growth projection and program/service needs.
- Prepare recommendations for technology and systems improvements and create a framework and related design specifications to establish integrated IT systems.
- Liaise with AHC staff, third-party developers and other stakeholders to develop comprehensive project plans for AHC’s IT systems improvements to be shared with all to facilitate implementation and tracking progress.
- Design or modify technology architecture and test the integration of software in these designs for correct functionality.
- Liaise with all third-party vendors/developers to simultaneously ensure the smooth implementation of several new technology projects.
- Document interfaces between new and legacy systems.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within the scope and budget
- Customize or build application add-ons based on user requirements.
- Liaise with users to track additional requirements and features
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Manage the relationship with third-party developers/vendors and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Train users on the new IT systems and provide ongoing support
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science or information technology
- 3 - 5 years experience working with information technologies
- Systems solutions and systems architecture design and development experience
- 1 - 2 years of project management experience and demonstrated project management skills are required
- Strong computer, hardware, and software knowledge, and familiarity with programming languages such as Visual Basic, C++ and Java
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems
- Experience with websites and web portal implementation, and ability to explain technical details to non-technical users
- Experience with business application implementation and solid knowledge of business information systems
- Demonstrated client focus and service orientation with strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and a creative problem-solver
- Attention to detail and the ability to function in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate inclusive behaviours and provide opportunities to collaborate across teams
- As AHC primarily supports newcomers, and other equity-seeking populations, awareness of the barriers these communities experience paired with cross-cultural sensitivity is a definite asset
- The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a security screening
- Certifications in solutions architecture and/or systems architecture or equivalent would be an asset.
- Systems Thinking/Approach: Proactively seeks to understand interrelated environments, a wide range of stakeholder perspectives and uses frameworks that consider the inter-relationships. Anticipates outcomes, evaluates and assesses potential impacts, and establishes plans with a holistic and long-term view of challenges and opportunities considering short, mid/long-term impacts from broader sector trends.
- Outcome Orientation: Focuses on the goals and understands the steps needed to achieve them. Is motivated to see projects through to completion and motivates others to do the same. Ensures actions are aligned with organizational objectives and outcomes; evaluates, reflects, and adjusts project activities accordingly.
- Agility: Open to new, diverse ideas, and takes new approaches. Proactively seeks advice and support when priorities change, to appropriately assess, prioritize, and meet changing demands. Maintains resilience in times of uncertainty, effectively creates and takes advantage of opportunities for improvement, recognizes the importance of timing, anticipates obstacles and takes action when appropriate. Able to adapt to multiple dynamics/priorities.
- Use of Technology: Has working knowledge of relevant data management and analysis tools and applications. Can adapt processes to new technology needs.
37.5 hours weekly; flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Office environment and some community outreach within the greater Edmonton region.
- Class 5 Driver's License with a clean driver’s abstract and a reliable vehicle required
Deadline: September 17th, 2023
Only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.