Employment Opportunity - (Full-Time)
Position Title: Purchasing & Operations Manager
We are seeking a hardworking, self-motivated and passionate candidate to join the Mint Décor Team. We are a close-knit team that likes to share recipes, beauty tips, and completely wow our clients with our creative vision and thoughtfully professional service.
We need a Purchasing & Operations Manager who is dedicated to helping make Mint Décor the best it can be. The person must be highly organized, meticulous, appreciate design, a natural networker, and a problem solver.
- Product Ordering: Manage the ordering of products and materials (tiles, wallpapers, furniture, decor etc.), Order follow-ups and complete payments.
- Logistics: Coordinate courier pick-ups, furniture deliveries and returns.
- Order Management: Work closely with our Designers to input orders into our project management and accounting system, record discounts, mark-ups, deposits, and payment types.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with vendors, understand payment terms, maintain current contact information for all vendors.
- Team: Assist and support Interior Design Principal with daily tasks management, team organization.
- Office Supplies & Sample Management: Manage the organization and upkeep of our materials library.
- Reconciling Client and Vendor Payments: Preparing and billing clients for monthly design fees as well as goods and expenses. Receiving and processing vendor invoices and reconciling payments on our accounting system.
Training will be provided, and the Purchasing & Operations Manager will be expected to perform these duties successfully during a 3-month probationary period.
- Accounting software knowledge is required. Clickup, Slack, Design Docs, or similar.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent working knowledge of Gmail & Gmail best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Not afraid to pick up the phone and solve the problem of the day.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in a similar role; administrative, operations, scheduling.
- Must have a comfortable level of skill in working with small business pricing; discounts, taxes, margins, commission percentages, etc.
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a reliable vehicle & drivers licence
- Applicants must have a laptop, cell phone
Time Commitment & Location
The Purchasing & Operations manager will carry out the above responsibilities in the office of Mint Décor, at various client sites, wholesale, and retail vendors within the GTA, as well as from home or a location of their choice.
The Mint Décor office is currently located at The Collective Workspace at 14 Leswyn Road. The office includes access to a dedicated bathroom, and kitchen for the team.
The schedule during the initial 3-month probationary period will include 4 days/week in the office, and working from home on Fridays.
Starting wage: $60,000 yearly. Paid bi-weekly as an employee.
Mint Décor is a growing firm, expanding each year in project size and team. With this growth comes many opportunities for this role. With success in this role, duties will expand and there is potential to increase the hourly rate, and as well as weekly hours.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M6A 1K2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have you read the job description fully?
- Have you completed the skills test?
- Administrative: 2 years (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2025-10-02