Transportation & Traffic Engineering Manager/Project Manager - ( 220001K4 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by bicycle, car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Imagine being part of a dynamic team that designs innovative solutions for our diverse set of clients. Our Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services.
Stantec’s Ottawa office is looking for a Transportation & Traffic Engineering Manager / Project Manager. With a strong transportation/traffic engineering background to support planning, design, and construction management activities for a variety of projects, the candidate will be responsible to build & lead our transportation planning/traffic team in the Ottawa Area and the Eastern Ontario.
In this role you will be responsible for leading projects with local clients that include City of Ottawa, NCC, MTO, municipal clients and developers. You will be charged with marketing Stantec to surrounding public and private service entities to develop relationships and business opportunities, in addition to nurturing and building a team of traffic and planning professionals.
The ideal candidate will be expected to provide leadership, direction, and guidance to ensure that quality management, design and technical services are provided to clients and that performance targets are met. With a working knowledge of all engineering disciplines related for transportation projects, the successful candidate will use experience and judgment to solve problems for a wide range of private and public sector clients. You will be highly proactive, have excellent technical writing skills, and have extensive knowledge of the concepts of transportation planning, transportation modelling and traffic engineering. Come join our Transportation Roadways Team and work alongside others who share your passion to support communities through exciting and unique roadway projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinating and managing Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning projects in Eastern Ontario and Ottawa.
- Providing overall work management and technical performance on transportation engineering projects to ensure that timelines and targets are being met.
- Providing technical leadership and leading teams in the development of transportation planning projects and traffic engineering scope on projects.
- Coordinating with other design disciplines, offices, and staff.
- Preparing letters, technical memorandums, reports, exhibits, graphics, and drawings to clearly present information to internal and external groups, clients, and industry peers.
- Working with and presenting to our clients and the public on our portfolio of projects.
- Ability to lead and/or provide input to business development efforts including the development of proposals, budgets and schedules.
- Maintaining existing client relationships and identify and participate in the acquisition of new clients and work.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Providing mentorship, guidance, quality control, support and oversight of junior and intermediate staff to complete various traffic engineering and transportation planning tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiarity with all relevant City of Ottawa, Ontario municipal and provincial standards and requirements.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Synchro/Simtraffic and other transportation software and methods (ie VISSIM, Aimsum, EMME, HCS, CCG, etc)
- Experience in working with local municipalities and land developers in Eastern Ontario.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Planning or related field with a P.Eng. or RPP certification.
10 - 15 years of experience working in traffic design / transportation planning in the consulting or public sectors.
Eligibility for MTO’s RAQS registration.
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required, such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings. May visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
Position will be full-time employment and is based in our Ottawa office.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Organization : BC-1636 Transpt-CA Ontario East & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 3, 2022, 1:53:13 PM
Req ID: 220001K4
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans