PURPOSE and SCOPE
Contributing as a key part of the Westward Parts Leadership Team, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for the inbound supply chain and procurement processes at Westward Parts Services Ltd. This position leads a team of purchasing professionals to achieve inventory turns goals, cost reduction targets as well as monitoring on-time delivery and quality compliance.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities for this position:
- Meet overall supply chain management objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets and ensuring goals are met, analyzing variances and resolving issues.
- Establish and implement objectives for the sourcing, procurement and pricing of goods
- Team Leadership including, hiring, delegating and scheduling work, managing performance and expectations and administering policies and procedures
- Direct the procurement process following established business processes and standardized purchasing tools to ensure efficiency in obtaining inventory.
- Continuously monitor and review best practices to increase productivity and reduce purchasing costs.
- Provide overall leadership in the sourcing and pricing of products for Westward Parts.
- Manage diverse vendor relationships and oversee the vendor relationships of other buyers.
- Identify new product opportunities and work with the team to bring to market
- Establish pricing guidelines that are competitive and determine annual pricing for product groups
- Work collaboratively and provide assistance to internal stakeholders
- Actively work on strategies to promote staff engagement
- Complete employment forms for staff including, but not limited to, payroll, timesheets, vacation approvals, etc.
- Other responsibilities as required
- 5 years of relevant purchasing leadership experience
- Previous manufacturing, agriculture or distribution experience considered an asset
- Supply chain management experience considered an asset
- Post-secondary education and/or professional designation specializing in business, purchasing management, agriculture or equivalent
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Thorough understanding of inventory principles and protocol
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skill
- Must be organized with excellent time management skills
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person