Reporting to the Head of Writing, the successful applicant will work with and test technology products, write video scripts describing their findings, and help produce videos on our YouTube Channels (primarily Linus Tech Tips but also TechLinked, ShortCircuit, TechQuickie, and more). The Writer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- ~60% - Getting hands-on with products and forming an original, informed opinion. This may include:
- Testing/Benchmarking PC hardware
- Researching products by attending press briefings, conducting calls with brands, and good ol’ fashioned Google
- ~20% - Writing video scripts for hosts to read.
- ~5% - Writing instructions for the camera/editing for the visuals that accompany your script (on-the-job training provided)
- ~5% - Preparing for and conducting unscripted video shoots by readying the materials (PC or otherwise) ahead of the shoot and providing assistance to the host during the shoot
- ~5% - Generating video concepts
- ~5% - Reviewing videos alongside the video editor (on-the-job training provided).
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Knowledge of PC Hardware product lines, generations, and industry context
- Strong English writing skills
- An analytical and curious mind
- A deep love of tech in general
- Great problem-solving skills and perseverance
- The ability to work independently or with a team
- Strong communication skills
- Must possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Being funny is an asset
- Professional Development - Reimbursement of eligible skills development programs and courses.
- Health Coverage - Extended health benefits and dental plan.
- Paid Time Off - Paid personal leave as well as vacation time.
- Employee Wellness - Flexible schedules, frequent game nights, and exciting company outings.
- Phone Plan - We provide a comprehensive phone plan for our employees.
- SWAG - Access to swag from lttstore.com, tech, and other goodies.
- Group Retirement Savings Plan - A generous employer matching plan for your retirement.
We’re looking for world-class talent to join our team! Our aim is to foster a culture of creativity and collaboration at work, so we can inspire our audience to be more curious about the world around them. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LMG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offence unrelated to employment.
At LMG, we’re committed to building a workforce that is representative of the audiences we create for, by building a culture where everyone feels like they belong.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
We have an extensive COVID-19 safety policy in place for everyone at our office.
- Are you currently able to work in Canada? Note: this does not mean "I can work in Canada as long as an employer sponsors me", it means "I can start work tomorrow".
- Have you visited our jobs website to submit the required sample script?
Work Location: In person