If you want to work with an exceptional group of people, with numerous benefits and a terrific corporate culture—you are on the right page.
Acro Media is looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources Coordinator, someone who can abide by HR principles and best practices, but still talk to our crew comfortably and empathetically.
We consider ourselves a laid-back bunch but driven to do well for our clients and employees. We’re looking for low egos and high skills. What we’re really looking for is your ability to multi-task and your willingness to take on new challenges so you can apply your skills and come up with creative solutions. We want someone who can stay super organized and agile, all while engaging and encouraging others.
As the successful candidate, here are some things you’ll be responsible for:
- Upholding Acro Media’s core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Competition, Flexibility, Curiosity, Relationships, Contribution
- Producing high-quality work adhering to Acro Media standards and following the Acro Media process, as well as ensuring others do the same.
- Implementing updates & revisions to company processes in keeping with HR best practices and laws
- Processing payroll
- Working on multiple smaller tasks or larger initiatives with shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Assisting with performance reviews, and recruiting from screening calls, reference checks, and interviews
- Providing efficient, empathetic solutions, in a timely manner for work requests, employee issues, and escalations
- Facilitating proactive communications with employees to keep employees aware of important information.
The successful applicant will have:
- A certificate, diploma, or degree specializing in Human Resources.
- Excellent communication skills, and is able to share information effectively, while paying careful attention to concerns and questions from employees and job applicants
- A high level of detail orientation, especially when ensuring the workplace is compliant with labour standards, and when maintaining records regarding employee issues, performance background checks, and reviewing candidate qualifications
- Exceptional decision-making skills when reviewing applicants’ qualifications and working to resolve employee disputes
- An excellent internet connection is required; you must be able to sustain an hour-long conference call without any issues
- All offers of employment with Acro Media Inc are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times & Earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We'll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well, we've got a program for that too!
- Remote work: Flexibility is one of our core values, and so we understand that productivity is influenced by a healthy, rested mind. Each position at Acro Media can be done from the comfort of your home office, if you like, or if you would prefer to work from our Kelowna office, you can do that too, it’s a personal choice! Please note some of our client contracts require staff to be located in Canada, so while remote work is available, most positions require you to be able to work within Canada legally.
- Free stuff: If you prefer to work from our office HQ, located in Kelowna, we have the added extra of juice, pop, snacks, and coffee; choose your pleasure and enjoyment.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food, and a laugh - no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have a virtual happy hour, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It’s a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we make you wear costumes. Often.
- Professional development: We might live and breathe software development, but we are also really passionate about our team's personal development too. We love to learn, and are always striving to be the best version of ourselves; whether it's training on the latest technology, or learning how to become a better delegator, we will help you improve your skills and hit your goals.
- Culture: We’re a certain type of people. We’re all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us! Feel free to dissect what and how we do what we do.
All careers come with a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. If you are in any way unsatisfied with your career, we will return you to the workforce at absolutely NO COST to you (minus shipping and handling).