Who are we?
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
The Information Systems & Technology (IST) department oversees the Foundation’s technology systems. IST provides expertise, tools and support that leverage information systems and technology to support the Foundation in the most effective and efficient way possible.
What’s the opportunity?
The Data Quality Analyst (DQA) ensures data coordination and the maintenance of The Foundation’s data management system. The DQA maintains data integrity in Salesforce and our underlying data warehouse. The main area of focus for this role is ensuring data integrity – consistency and accuracy - in Salesforce and co-developing and executing the data quality and duplicate management strategies. The DQA is also responsible for training of Foundation employees to ensure consistency in data collection, liaising with other departments to ensure procedures and policies are followed and improved as needed, and contributing to the strategy for the initiation, ongoing development and delivery of high quality information to support the overall objectives of the Foundation.
- Contribute to developing and then executing data quality and integrity approaches by developing, scheduling and running reports, soliciting feedback from product/data owners and end users and recommending changes to the infrastructure to ensure the highest data quality possible
- Monitor established duplicate management processes and researches and discovers new and innovative ways to improve existing processes
- Assist in the administration of the data warehouse (DW), ensuring continuous data integration between Salesforce and DW and its day-to-day functioning and performance
- Use the DW to develop a comprehensive set of data management and integrity rules, scripts and reports which are used for monitoring data integrity and the data management performance of the user community
- Perform data analysis, data loads and extractions and other functions related to working with and managing information in Salesforce and related systems
- Assess and evaluate data quality; consult and facilitate changes with business processes with stakeholders to ensure consistency of data collection, planning and analytical processes
- Provide input on communications and training materials to reflect findings of testing and promote learning and optimal use of data
- Provide inputs to data definitions, reconciliation and records management through the use of data standards, definitions and models (such as data dictionary and business glossary)
What do you bring?
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically seen after three (3) years of experience in a Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science or related field
- Highly developed ability to think critically and analytically while working in a fast-paced environment. Respond to requested changes, validate needs against existing system capabilities and any future product roadmap to provide optimal recommendations
- Excellent listening skills and proven technical acumen with the ability to fully understand business requirements and pain points, and translate then into functional design
- Proactive and responsive customer service skills
- Ability to understand and interpret data management concepts and processes and clearly communicate complex ideas
- Strong troubleshooting skills, proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, and a keen interest in data utilization and data governance
- Strong desire for continuous learning of new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to perform data manipulation, analysis, and information presentation through the use of database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to comprehend complex issues and related data/information and present information in concise, meaningful ways
- Demonstrated organizational skills to generate work plans to meet project deadlines within timeline, scope and budget
What do we offer?
Job Type: Full-time permanent.
Base compensation: The successful candidate can expect a starting salary between $68,272 and $77,582, depending on factors such as skills, experience and internal equity. Once hired, salary is reviewed annually and successful employees have the opportunity for their salary to increase over time up to the maximum of the pay band, currently $87,668.
Total Rewards: Additional variable pay (merit/bonus), defined benefit pension plan, extended health and dental benefits for you and your partner/children, flexible working arrangements, minimum four weeks’ paid vacation, investment in professional development and subsidized access to fitness, cycling and parking facilities all contribute to a top-notch total rewards package. If you’d like more information on what we offer, please ask!
Expected start date: November 14, 2023
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email your resume and cover letter in a single pdf file, with “[Your Name], Data Quality Analyst” in the file name and email subject line, to [email protected] by midnight on Sunday, September 24th, 2023.
We welcome applications from persons with disabilities, BIPOC and racialized individuals, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, and others who may contribute to the Foundation's organizational diversity and who share the Foundation's values.
As part of VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation’s commitment to the health and safety of our community, including our healthcare partners and donors, the Foundation requires all employees of the Foundation to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $68,272.00-$77,582.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you fully vaccinated against Covid-19?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Statistics: 3 years (preferred)
- Mathematics: 3 years (preferred)
- Computer science: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9
Application deadline: 2023-09-24
Expected start date: 2023-11-14