We are currently looking for Material Handlers/Forklift Operators to join our team! In this role you would support production by supplying materials as needed, to the Production team.
We are located at 8271 Keele Street, Concord, Ontario (Nearest intersection is Keele/Langstaff)
Morning Shift 7:00am-3:00pm
Afternoon Shift 3:00pm-11:00pm
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
- Operate all material handling equipment
- Inspect lift truck at start of shift as per designated forklift maintenance check list and report any problems
- Prepare/maintain all required documentation at the highest level possible.
- Remove full part bins from various work stations and place/store in specified areas
- Ensure that raw materials are picked up from storage and loaded on metal stamping equipment
- Dispose of scrap, as needed
- Stack and store all containers in their designated areas
- Place dies on assigned shelf in safe, neat and orderly fashion
- Sort out and report damaged containers.
- Assist in periodic inventory duties as requested.
- Change propane fuel tank as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Forklift License (counterbalance)
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in a material handling or similar role
- Coil handling experience (asset)
- Automotive Manufacturing/Metal Stamping experience (asset)
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak and understand English and to document stipulated records as instructed
Benefits: Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 3 months of employment
(Includes prescription drugs, paramedical services, and vision care)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
- automotive: 1 year (preferred)
- coil handling: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person