Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Class 1 Drivers to join our operations out of Moncton, New Brunswick for the 2023 season. These positions will be based out of Moncton but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises
Class 1 Drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Tractor Trailer to transport materials as per schedule. This position is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive tractor-trailer combination in a safe and efficient manner to designated locations
- Secure chain or binders to secure load on trailer during transit
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract
- 2 years similar experience in a construction environment
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license in good standing
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Job Types: Seasonal, Full-time
Contract length: 6 months
Work Location: In person