G.W. Seier founded Vita Health Products in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 1936. Since then, the company has grown from a small mail-order operation selling herbs and patented medicines into one of Canada’s foremost suppliers of over the counter (OTC) pharmaceutical products and natural health products.
Based in Winnipeg – the geographic center of Canada – and located in the St. Boniface industrial park, IVC Vita Health Products is a vertically integrated manufacturer, marketer, and distributor of a broad line of high-quality, nutritional supplements, and over the counter medications throughout Canada, with over 260,000 square feet of manufacturing, packaging, and distribution facilities.
IVC Vita Health has a long and proven track record of success and continues to demonstrate strong results with consistent growth.
IVC Vita Health is part of the IVC Nutrition Corporation of Companies
Our Vision: The Canadian partner driving self-care innovation to enrich health.
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Supply Chain Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Materials Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and managing the end-to-end procurement and logistics processes for our overseas suppliers. This will involve managing sub-contract purchasing, import and export compliance, inventory management, and vendor management. The role requires a strong understanding of procurement best practices and logistics operations, with an ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with vendors and freight forwarders to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of goods. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully managing complex supply chain operations and driving process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
Sub-contract off-site packaging
- Create contract packaging work orders and transfer necessary materials to off-site vendors to perform work
- Coordinate work with contract vendors and internal teams to ensure on-time delivery and quality release
- Source new sub-contract vendors
- Responsible for contract work SOP’s and identifying process improvements
Logistics and customs compliance
- Work with customs broker to clear goods at the point of entry, submit customs rulings and classify HS codes
- Ensure compliance on valuation and tariff classification
- Coordinate with freight forwarders, brokers, and customs to ensure quick release of shipments
- Negotiate rates with global forwarders
- Work with internal departments to assist in defining the best INCOTERMS on contracts for overseas equipment / non-direct buy
- Ensure export shipments are properly documented for compliant export
- Manage inventory and purchasing for overseas vendors, including quality release document collection, data logger management, expediting/delaying based on changing needs, vendor investigations, and change management tracking
- Collect monthly release documents for distributors of import APIs
- Manage inventory and purchasing of select domestic materials
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in procurement, logistics, or supply chain management
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Has a solid understanding of Canadian import/export regulations, including customs clearance processes and tariff classifications.
- Experience working under GMP regulations or similar (GDP, HACCP) is a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to use formulas and functions, analyze data, and create charts and graphs. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with large data sets and have experience creating and managing complex spreadsheets.
- Experience working with overseas vendors is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you have a passion for procurement and logistics and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career, please submit your application today.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R2J 3W2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- In order to be considered for this position, we require you apply here: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/VIT5000VITH/JobBoard/c331edde-41fd-44ca-a09a-edc53cee1e4a/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=8877393c-6072-4e44-937f-78ac3977b8be
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-15