The Property Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of residential properties in an efficient and effective manner with the highest level of customer service to both residents and owners. Operate within our standards of safety, high quality customer service and efficient operations.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Residential Team Member
- Actively contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Accepts shared responsibility and ownership of projects
- Involves others in decision making & works for consensus on decisions
- Respects and is tolerant of individual differences
- Acknowledges and works through conflict openly
- Management of Staff:
- Supervise and manage administrative and operational staff at the properties within your portfolio.
- Ensure effective performance management of staff.
- Customer Service Relations:
- Maintain the highest level of customer service in relation to residents and owners.
- Communicate effectively with all residents and other external parties. Ensure that any areas of concern are addressed promptly and thoroughly.
- Direct and manage resident functions in such a matter as to win and maintain the respect and goodwill of all residents.
- Focus on resident retention.
- Assist and ensure all resident and owner complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure that relevant statures are followed. Communicate with residents (verbal and/or written) about rent collections. If needed, organize resident eviction process.
- Code and approve invoices from suppliers and contractors.
- Review and approve rental applications.
- Ensure correct and up to date Management Reports including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, variances and monthly inspection reports.
- Prepare yearly budgets for the relevant properties.
- Building Maintenance:
- Adhere to SKPM’s property management standards including: legislative requirements, compliance, safety standards and emergency response procedures.
- Conduct pre-inspection and vacate inspection of units, note deficiencies and prepare building reports.
- Schedule maintenance work.
- Develop scope of work for service contracts, negotiate pricing and prepare paperwork.
- Place service calls with contractors. Coordinate contracted work.
- Conduct weekly / monthly inspections of the common areas of the property and rectify any deficiencies.
- Be a supportive team leader of the Residential Property Management Team. Take initiative to propose improvements of property management processes or procedures.
- Report to the Vice President of Residential Operations.
- Work in close cooperation with other Residential Property Managers and the Residential Property Accountant.
- Minimum High School diploma (Grade 12/13).
- Preference: College Degree and/or Industry Designation.
- Requirements: ability to read and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and the ability to understand and perform our property management software functions.
- Required: A minimum of three years of experience in residential property management or a related field.
Skills and abilities
- Actively supports our values of: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Trust
- Solid management and leadership skills.
- Proven leader with ability to motivate and train staff.
- Excellent communication and relationship building competencies.
- Is open to change and actively looks for ways to improve processes.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proficient with computers and software.
- Portrays a professional image.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Motivated to learn more and grow within this position.
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contracts.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Has a high stress tolerance.
- Valid driver license.
- Be willing and able to be on call and work irregular hours.