The Insurance Council of British Columbia is the regulatory organization that licenses and regulates the activities of over 45,000 life and general insurance agents, general insurance salespersons, insurance adjusters, and restricted travel insurance agents in British Columbia.
Why Work for the Insurance Council?
Work with a great team of people in a rewarding career that makes a difference. We’re in a downtown location with plenty of amenities nearby. The Insurance Council has a friendly and collaborative environment with a team who’s committed to protecting the public.
We offer a comprehensive health and dental plan.
- Work-life balance.
- This position is mostly remote work enabled. The incumbent would be required to come into the office as needed.
- Professional development.
- Equitable employment opportunities.
The Business Analyst is responsible for business requirements analysis of the digital product platform across all phases of business transformation and project management. The Business Analyst will collaborate with business stakeholders to document and analyze the process changes, business rule changes and digital application build/ enhancement requests and translate business requirements into technical requirements for engineering team. They will also be responsible for ensuring that the final deliverables of projects and product changes meet the intended needs of the business.
- Lead business requirement gathering and analysis for digital application development and customization.
- Document current/to-be data flow and process workflow across business transformation roadmap.
- Assess the impact of the proposed business need on the systems and collaborate with 3rd party technical specialists to propose solutions.
- Manage systemic requirements analysis for system enhancements, upgrades and migration
- Document systems business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Lead and/or participate in application functional testing, acceptance testing and end-user training
- Provide subject matter support to business and IT projects
- Manage change requests of systems and business processes
- Write and manage queries on the system database
- Use strong communication skills to clearly explain both the concept and details of new functionality or new processes to business stakeholders
- Assist with the development of metrics within system related technology and business organizations
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proved skills and expertise in Agile tools and process (Jira/ Confluence)
- Strong understanding and expertise of digital application product management
- Strong understanding and expertise of business process mapping
- Strong skills in data governance and data analytics
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Business Requirements management skills
- Keen to understand and learn unfamiliar processes and business rules.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Good knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with Relational Databases and DBMS
- High level MS Excel Knowledge and skills.
- Business Process Management tools (e.g. Visio)
- Web Service troubleshooting
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology or a related field
- At least 5 (five) years of relevant experience in business requirement analysis with digital application development projects.
- Business Analysis Training or Certification is preferred
- Exposure to the insurance and/or financial industry is desirable.
- Knowledge of and/or exposure to a regulator environment is desirable
- Windows Dynamics experience preferred.