Grow with us, and have a part in making Huron Tractor the “Right Choice” for our Customers!
Huron Tractor is one of John Deere’s largest partners in Canada, with eleven locations servicing Southern Ontario.
We’re proud to serve a community of customers that spans agricultural operations, commercial enterprises and homeowners, with one of the largest inventories of machines and parts in Canada.
Turf Equipment Technician
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Why Huron Tractor?
Our commitment to great customer service starts with the great people on our team. We take pride in helping our employees develop careers that reward, enrich and grow with the individual.
· Great training opportunities through John Deere, as well as internal training
· Competitive compensation
· RRSP’s and extended benefits
· Employee Discounts
· Future Growth Opportunities
· Excellent team environments with a Social Committee that plans great events
This position reports to the Service Manager and is responsible to diagnose and repair all used and new turf equipment by completing the following:
- Inspecting and testing equipment, diagnosing faults and malfunctions, repairing and replacing mechanical units, test and adjust units to specifications
- Performing scheduled maintenance service, advising customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Completing reports to record problems and work performed
- Delivering excellent customer service skills and work well in a team environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Small engine license is preferred.
- Strong degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Ability to utilize and learn new technology, Computer literate – internet, diagnostic programs/computers, etc
- Valid driver's license
- Adherence to all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Flexible to work schedule and extended hours
Please forward your resume with cover letter stating how your qualifications and experience fit with the position. This position will be posted until filled. Apply today! We thank all for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will be posted until filled.
Others May Also Call this Role:
Small Engine Mechanic, Gas Engine Mechanic, Automotive Mechanic, Turf Technician, Turf Equipment Technician, Lawn Mower Technician, Compact Tractor Technician
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but is a general definition of the position's scope.
Huron Tractor welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law. Accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-235-1115
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Work Location: In person