Who We Are
Shorefast was established to contribute to the economic and cultural resilience of Fogo Island, Newfoundland, creating a model for contemporary rural communities. Activities are focused at the intersection of business, art, community and nature.
Shorefast operates a social enterprise model where surpluses from business activity flow through the Charity and are reinvested in community programs. Entities under this unique corporate structure include (registered Canadian charity) Shorefast Foundation programming, which includes Fogo Island Arts, Environmental Stewardship, heritage restorations, and community engagement, alongside for-profit business ventures such as Fogo Island Inn, Fogo Island Workshops, and Fogo Island Fish.
As primary gatekeeper to the Shorefast Shared Services Team, the Office Administrator is responsible for a wide array of duties including managing day-to-day administrative activities for Shorefast Social Enterprises Inc. The Office Administrator will support the Shared Services team in achieving objectives and will contribute to streamlining a variety of cross functional activities including human resources, employee engagement, accounting, planning and scheduling, process and controls, and general administrative support.
What You’ll Do
· Manage administrative duties to support the Shared Services Team, which may include; Participating in meetings and taking notes, preparing correspondence, and creating expense and other reports.
· Provide exceptional customer service including greeting guests/customers, answering phone inquiries, and handling requests in a professional and timely manner.
· Participate on various committees, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety Committee, Social Committee, etc.
· Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations for invited visitors/guests.
· Liaise with multiple teams and working groups on various projects.
· Maintain electronic and paper records and filing systems.
· Facilitate employee engagement activities and community outreach programs or events.
· Provide other administrative support as necessary.
Qualifications you’ll bring
· Proven excellence as an office assistant, office administrator or in another relevant position.
· Successful completion of a diploma or degree in business administration, or any combination of relevant education and work experience.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and related software.
· Outstanding abilities to communicate in person, in writing and over the phone.
· Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality, problem-solving, and time management skills.
What we offer
· An engaged, progressive, highly supportive, flexible, and collaborative work environment
· The opportunity to work in a thriving social entrepreneurship environment
· A commitment to recruiting, promoting, and training qualified individuals at all levels within the organization.
· Group Insurance Plan (including Health, Dental, Life & AD&D) and Employee Assistance Program
· Eligibility for discounts at Shorefast’s community enterprises, and at select Canadian hotels
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person